[Stellenangebote] Student Assistant at DFKI Speech & Language Technologyv| up to 20h/week | as soon as possible

Leonhard Hennig leonhard.hennig at dfki.de
Do Mär 25 15:14:00 CET 2021

The Speech and Language Technology Lab of the German Research Center for
Artificial Intelligence (DFKI SLT) is (continually) looking for

Student Assistant(s) (m/f/d)
(up to 20 hours/week)

to support our research team. Candidates should be pursuing a degree in
computer science or in related disciplines, and have some prior
experience in coding. We are looking for people who enjoy working in an
innovative and enthusiastic research group, love challenges and are
passionate about building clever algorithms and systems. We offer an
excellent working environment with close integration in research
projects. The successful applicant will work in a multi-disciplinary and
international team in one of the world’s foremost research centers in AI
and NLP.

The DFKI SLT group conducts basic and applied research in areas
covering, among others, information extraction, knowledge base
population, dialogue, BioNLP, and summarization. We are particularly
interested in core research on learning in low-resource settings,
reasoning over larger contexts, and continual learning. We strive for a
deeper understanding of human language and thinking, with the goal of
developing novel methods for processing and generating human language
text, speech, and knowledge. An important part of our work is the
creation of corpora, the evaluation of NLP datasets and tasks, and the
explainability of (neural) models.

Experience in the following areas is expected:

     • Good development skills in Python
     • Good Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)

Experience in these areas is a plus:

     • Understanding of basic ML and NLP algorithms and concepts
     • Deep Learning frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Huggingface, AllenNLP)
     • Containerization, Versioning (Docker, Git, etc)
     • Other background knowledge in Linguistics, Computer Science or
Mathematics

Expected General Skills:

     • Good communication and problem-solving skills
     • Enjoy working as a member of a team and using their own initiative
     • High degree of  motivation
     • Ability to manage own workload and meet deadlines
     • Good organizational skills
     • Good standard of written and spoken English, German is helpful

How to Apply

Please send your electronic application (preferably in PDF format) to
Dr. Leonhard Hennig (leonhard.hennig at dfki.de). A meaningful application
should include a cover letter, a recent CV, and a brief summary of
professional interests.

Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.

More info: dfki-nlp.github.io, www.dfki.de
--
Dr.-Ing. Leonhard Hennig

Senior Researcher, Speech & Language Technology
DFKI Projektbüro Berlin
Alt-Moabit 91c, D-10559 Berlin, Germany
Phone +49-30-23895-1821
Office +49-30-23895-1800
E-Mail leonhard.hennig at dfki.de

Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany

Geschäftsführung:
Prof. Dr. Antonio Krüger

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr. Gabriël Clemens