[Stellenangebote] Software Engineer at Sustainable Startup

Eric Wolf ew at hades.ai
Mo Aug 2 14:26:13 CEST 2021

Dear Students,

Do you like solving tricky programming problems?

We’re a young and enthusiastic team of 15 computer scientists and
environmental engineers. Together, we’re building smart software to
automatically detect damages in sewer inspection videos and tell cities
when to fix their underground pipes. We’re passionate about making cities
more sustainable with modern technology and bringing some fresh air into
this antiquated industry. Learn all about us at https://www.hades.ai/.

To help us on this mission, we’re looking for clever and motivated people
to join our team :)

Software Engineer at Hades

In our office in Zurich or remotely, from anywhere in the world

Our Tech Stack

   -

   Frontend: Typescript, MobX, React, WebGL, Canvas
   -

   Backend: Python, Typescript, Postgres, Django
   -

   Infrastructure: Kubernetes, Docker

Your Responsibilities

   -

   Take charge of our web application and infrastructure
   -

   Be responsible for developing new features, from the blueprint all the
   way to shipping production code
   -

   Make sure our software architecture and code is robust, well-documented,
   and easily extensible
   -

   Decide together with us what we should work on next

   -

   Actively participate in important software architecture decisions and
   technical discussions

Requirements

   -

   Experienced and comfortable in web development
   -

   Not afraid of inventing new algorithms and big O-notation
   -

   Familiar with shipping production code in a team: project planning, code
   reviews, unit tests, and CI pipelines are not a mystery to you
   -

   Debugging master: able to chase down every bug (even really nasty race
   conditions)
   -

   Can design data structures and is able to oversee the consequences of
   important software architecture decisions
   -

   Fluent in English, Python, and Javascript, German is a bonus
   -

   Some familiarity with MobX, HTML Canvas, WebGL, or 3D graphics is a bonus
   -

   Experience in project management and team leadership is a bonus

Benefits

   -

   Have a positive impact on society and the environment
   -

   Autonomy: have an idea for a new feature or technology we should use?
   We’re listening
   -

   Impact: everything you work on will go straight into the product and
   make people’s lives easier immediately
   -

   Fast iterations: we deploy twice a day

   -

   A motivated, clever, fun, and supportive team that loves geeking out
   about the latest tech
   -

   Work directly with the founding team

Apply directly <https://apply.workable.com/hades/j/16659DC094/>, or email