[Stellenangebote] Event: Workshop "IT For Life Science @ Bayer", 23rd – 25th May 2016, Leverkusen (Germany)

Marcus Edel marcusedel at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mi Mär 9 13:40:10 CET 2016

Workshop “IT For Life Science @ Bayer”
23rd – 25th May 2016, Leverkusen (Germany)

We are happy to announce that we are hosting the next ‘IT for Life Science
Workshop’ in May 2016 in Leverkusen.

Do you want to improve people`s lives? Here is your chance!
Apply now for the workshop “IT For Life Science @ Bayer” for doctorate or
postdoctoral scientists from various scientific disciplines with high
affinity to information technology. IT experts with very strong background
in natural sciences as well as computer scientists with a proven expertise
in IT project management are highly welcome to apply. This workshop is
also very interesting for graduates in the field of Medical Informatics or
Medical Documentation.
Our Workshop
This workshop is your opportunity to discuss Bayer`s recent developments
and projects, to present your individual scientific results and to explore
specific job opportunities within Bayer’s R&D IT organization in Germany
(Leverkusen, Berlin, Wuppertal or Monheim).
Currently as well as in the near future, we are looking for scientists who
want to make an impact, who are passionate about innovation and who are
keen to think ahead.
If you would like meet challenges such as the following, you are highly
welcome to apply for our workshop:
•           Independently advising our R&D departments on IT-supported
process optimization
•           Heading and working in IT projects
•           Selecting and implementing innovative IT solutions and strategies
•           Assuming leadership of IT-teams with internal and external
employees
•           Designing and further developing the IT landscape in research
and development
•           Designing and analyzing system architectures in collaboration
with other IT experts in the unit
•           Planning and implementation of the IT requirements in projects
•           Steering of internal and external software developers and/or
partner companies

Agenda
The workshop will take place in the surroundings of Bayer`s headquarters
in Leverkusen, near Cologne.
It will consist of poster sessions where you will have the possibility to
give an overview about your professional background or whatever you would
like to present and discuss.
There will also be case studies where you will have the chance to practice
how it will be like to work in R&D-IT projects at Bayer. Bayer colleagues
will give you insights into the working life of IT Consultants & IT
Project Managers on the one hand and of IT-Architects within the R&D IT at
Bayer on the other hand.
Besides working sessions and presentations you will have enough time for
networking and get-together, especially during the evening event. Ample
time will be available for personal contacts with representatives from
Bayer.
Your Profile
You are well experienced, enthusiastic and deeply committed to information
technology in life sciences. You have a doctorate (or are about to finish
your PhD) in natural sciences or IT with a reference to the natural
sciences and a noted record of scientific achievements.
Besides your scientific excellence you already gained project management
experience and have a clear focus on meeting targets and achieving
results. You have an extensive knowledge of modern IT architectures and
concepts as well as software development processes combined with very good
analytical and conceptual skills.
You are able to successfully lead and work in intercultural and
interdisciplinary teams.
Excellent communication skills in English as well as a good knowledge of
the German language are highly welcome, owing to the international setup
of our research and development functions.
Day by day you like to learn new science and want to improve the quality
of life, along with our mission: “Bayer: Science For A Better Life”.
Application
If you are interested please submit your application directly via the
Bayer career
website<http://www.karriere.bayer.de/en/entrylevel/postdocs/it_for_life_science_workshop/index.html>
including CV, relevant exams (Bachelor / Master / Diploma and PhD) as well
as abstracts of scientific research (if applicable) by 12th March 2016. We
will cover all travel and accommodation costs for accepted participants.
Please feel free to share this e-mail with anyone who could be interested.
We are looking forward to receiving many applications.

Freundliche Grüße / Best regards,

Sonja Theimann
University & Talent Relations
[cid:C15DEDD5-288E-4312-857A-B6E1A5E2692F]
Bayer Business Services GmbH
BBS-HRS-UTR, University & Talent Relations
Building 4818
51368 Leverkusen, Germany

Tel:        +49 214 30 38054
Mobile: +49 173 5982526
E-mail:   sonja.theimann at bayer.com<mailto:sonja.theimann at bayer.com>
Web:
www.business-services.bayer.com<http://www.business-services.bayer.com/>

Geschäftsführung: Daniel Hartert, Geschäftsführer | Wilhelm Oehlschläger
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Johannes Dietsch
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leverkusen | Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 49895