[jacorb-developer] JacORB 3.4 documentation - 25.1 IDL - intrinsic preprocessor symbol does not seem to work as described

Timothy Astle timothy.astle at caris.com
Fri May 9 20:11:42 CEST 2014

http://www.jacorb.org/releases/3.4/ProgrammingGuide.pdf

I updated to build the JacORB 3.4 orb.idl and hit some IDL compilation
errors.  So I read the documentation :)  From what I can tell, it is
saying that JACORB and _PRE_3_0_COMPILER_ are both set by default.  So I
tried using -U to unset them, but it didn't solve my problem.  So I
instead tried to set them -DJACORB, -D_PRE_3_0_COMPILER_ and that
allowed the IDL to be compiled.

I'm using the Maven idlj compiler plugin, and I'm making the assumption
that it doesn't undefine preprocessor symbols.

So I think there is a mistake in the documentation?  Can someone confirm?

--
Tim Astle