[jacorb-developer] JacORB 3.4 documentation - 25.1 IDL - intrinsic preprocessor symbol does not seem to work as described

Nick Cross jacorb at goots.org
Fri May 9 22:14:04 CEST 2014

On 09/05/14 19:11, Timothy Astle wrote:
> http://www.jacorb.org/releases/3.4/ProgrammingGuide.pdf
>
> I updated to build the JacORB 3.4 orb.idl and hit some IDL compilation
> errors.  So I read the documentation :)  From what I can tell, it is
> saying that JACORB and _PRE_3_0_COMPILER_ are both set by default.  So I
> tried using -U to unset them, but it didn't solve my problem.  So I
> instead tried to set them -DJACORB, -D_PRE_3_0_COMPILER_ and that
> allowed the IDL to be compiled.
>
> I'm using the Maven idlj compiler plugin, and I'm making the assumption
> that it doesn't undefine preprocessor symbols.
>
> So I think there is a mistake in the documentation?  Can someone confirm?

Hi,

The idl compiler does define those symbols. You should not need to
compile orb.idl (its been done for you). I think you would need

  <plugin>
                 <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                 <artifactId>idlj-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                 <executions>
                     <execution>
			<id>1</id>
                         <goals>
                             <goal>generate</goal>
                         </goals>
                         <configuration>
                             <sources>
                                 <source>
                                     <includes>
                                         <include>orb.idl</include>
                                     </includes>
                                     <additionalArguments>

<additionalArgument>-ir</additionalArgument>

<additionalArgument>-sloppy_forward</additionalArgument>

<additionalArgument>-i2jpackage</additionalArgument>

<additionalArgument>:org.omg</additionalArgument>

<additionalArgument>-all</additionalArgument>
                                     </additionalArguments>
                                 </source>
                             </sources>
                         </configuration>