[jacorb-developer] Java 7 Compatibility

Darryl dc7653 at virginmedia.com
Mon Mar 18 16:38:19 CET 2013

Hi,

I have a client application that has been compiled against JacORB 2.3.0 and is
talking to a server running omniORB 4.1.1-1.

The application has been runing on JRE6 for a few years without any problems,
however recently I have a requirement to upgrade to Java 7.  The application
builds with JDK7 without any problems but when my client attempts to call one
of the Server functions via CORBA, a CORBA.COM_FAILURE is returned with the
following error...

IOException: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: not
implemented

On the Server end I get the following logging information

SSL_accept:before/accept initialization
SSL_accept:SSLv3 read client hello A
SSL_accept:SSLv3 write server hello A
SSL_accept:SSLv3 write certificate A
SSL_accept:SSLv3 write server done A
SSL_accept:SSLv3 flush data
SSL3 alert read:fatal:internal error
SSL_accept:failed in SSLv3 read client certificate A
omniORB: openSSL error detected in sslEndpoint::accept. Reason:
error:14094438:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert internal error
omniORB: SocketCollection idle. Sleeping.

Is anyone aware of in changes in Java 7 that may cause the SSL to be
incompatible? Or have any suggestions that may help resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance
Darryl