[jacorb-developer] Helo required with SSL

Darryl dc7653 at virginmedia.com
Mon Mar 25 12:30:36 CET 2013

Hi,

I have been unable to resolve the SSL problems with my existing application so
I thought I would to test against a simpler application first.

I have taken the redir demo that is supplied with the Jacorb 3.2 source and
added the following properties to enable SSL. (Note that these properties and
the keystore files were taken from the SSL demo application)

org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORB

org.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORBSingleton

org.omg.PortableInterceptor.ORBInitializerClass.bidir_init=org.jacorb.orb.giop.B
iDirConnectionInitializer

jacorb.ssl.socket_factory=org.jacorb.security.ssl.sun_jsse.SSLSocketFactory

jacorb.ssl.server_socket_factory=org.jacorb.security.ssl.sun_jsse.SSLServerSocke
tFactory

jacorb.security.support_ssl=on

(Server Only)

jacorb.security.ssl.server.supported_options=60

jacorb.security.ssl.server.required_options=60

jacorb.security.keystore=resources\\jsse_server_ks

jacorb.security.keystore_password=jsse_server_ks_pass

jacorb.security.jsse.trustees_from_ks=on // Read trusted certificates from the
keystore

(Client Only)

jacorb.security.ssl.client.supported_options=60

jacorb.security.ssl.client.required_options=60

jacorb.security.keystore=resources\\jsse_client_ks

jacorb.security.keystore_password=jsse_client_ks_pass

jacorb.security.jsse.trustees_from_ks=on // Read trusted certificates from the
keystore

The bidir application runs ok with out these properties (i.e. no SSL) but when
they are added the following exception is seen on the client

org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: IOException: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: error
while writing to socket  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No

	at org.jacorb.orb.etf.ConnectionBase.to_COMM_FAILURE
(ConnectionBase.java:151)

	at org.jacorb.orb.iiop.IIOPConnection.handleCommFailure
(IIOPConnection.java:78)

	at org.jacorb.orb.etf.StreamConnectionBase.flush
(StreamConnectionBase.java:227)

	at org.jacorb.orb.giop.GIOPConnection.sendMessage
(GIOPConnection.java:1061)

	at org.jacorb.orb.giop.GIOPConnection.sendRequest
(GIOPConnection.java:987)

	at org.jacorb.orb.giop.ClientConnection.sendRequest
(ClientConnection.java:308)

	at org.jacorb.orb.giop.ClientConnection.sendRequest
(ClientConnection.java:289)

	at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate._invoke_internal(Delegate.java:1335)

	at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate.invoke_internal(Delegate.java:1160)

	at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate.invoke(Delegate.java:1148)

	at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:475)

	at demo.idl._ServerStub.register_callback(_ServerStub.java:120)

	at demo.bidir.Client.main(Client.java:85)

This error can be eliminated if I change use the following properties

jacorb.security.ssl.server.required_options=0

jacorb.security.ssl.client.required_options=0

but this means that non encrypted communications is allowed which I don't wan't.

Any help would be much appreciated.