[jacorb-developer] Real Time JacORB

Steve Osselton steve.osselton at prismtech.com
Mon Jan 7 16:00:45 CET 2013

Hi Kujtim,

Unfortunately JacORB is not architected to give real time performance
semantics (uses thread
pools and queues). If you need real-time semantics, you either need a
realtime ORB (such as TAO)
or use some other real-time enabled technology (such as DDS).

Cheers Steve.

On 7 January 2013 14:13, Kujtim Hyseni <kujtimhyseni at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> I am building distributed data acquisition and control system based on
> JacORB. Obviously, it is real timed i.e. I need to estimate the time spent
> for request/response besides the time to execute the task (but this is not
> related to JacORB). Initially, I plan to deploy the system in dedicated
> private network so there are no additional delays in the network. Do you
> need an extra information?
>
> Regards,
> Kujtim
>
> > From: mesnier_p at ociweb.com
> > Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 07:50:36 -0600
> > To: jacorb-developer at lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de
> > Subject: Re: [jacorb-developer] Real Time JacORB
> >
> > Hi Kujtim,
> >
> > You've asked a very broad and general question. Can you restate your
> question with some context so that we may understand your motivation for
> asking? For example, do you have some particular use case you are
> interested in? Perhaps a certain feature set? Or maybe you are targeting
> some platform and need assistance?
> >
> > We can have a discussion about RT, but you need to focus the subject a
> little tighter for us.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Phil
> >
> > On Jan 7, 2013, at 7:28 AM, Kujtim Hyseni wrote:
> >

> > > What about Real Time issues with JacORB?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Kujtim

> > --
> > Phil Mesnier
> > Principal Software Engineer and Partner,   http://www.ociweb.com
> > Object Computing, Inc.                     +01.314.579.0066 x225

CORBA/Software Defined Radio Delivery Manager
PrismTech Chief Architect

e-mail:  steve.osselton at prismtech.com
tele     +44-191-497-9905
web:     www.prismtech.com

PrismTech is a global leader in standards-based, performance-critical
middleware.  Our products enable our OEM, Systems Integrator, and
End User customers to build and optimize high-performance systems
primarily for Mil/Aero, Communications, Industrial, and Financial Markets.