[jacorb-developer] Starting a service with the same IOR

Marc Winoto marc.winoto at netregistry.net
Fri Nov 30 05:44:54 CET 2012

Hi,
I am trying to set up my service such that it always uses the same IOR
when it starts.

I've been able to do this using Orbacus and OpenORB by setting the port
and using the policies:
rootPOA.create_lifespan_policy(org.omg.PortableServer.LifespanPolicyValue.PERSISTENT)
rootPOA.create_id_assignment_policy(org.omg.PortableServer.IdAssignmentPolicyValue.USER_ID)

I just adapted my old Server code while refering to the JacORB docs to
write a new server. This starts up, but the IOR keeps changing.

Is there a way to start up a server and having it always use the same IOR?

Thanks
Marc