[fli4l] alix.2d3 installation problem

Alexander Dahl lespocky at web.de
Mo Apr 6 15:29:45 CEST 2020

Hello Bernard,

Bernard schrieb Montag,  6. April 2020, 12:41 (CEST):
> I took advantage of the confinement :((( to update fli4l 3.10.19.
> But, impossible to install the new fli version on alix.2D3.

I use the same hardware, with fli4l 4.0 however, but that should make no
big difference for now. I guess you're using a serial console for
output?

> Here is the install screen:
>
> PC Engines ALIX.2 v0.99m
> 640 KB Base Memory
> 261120 KB Extended Memory
>
> 01F0 Master 848A CF Card
> Phys C/H/S 3909/16/63 Log C/H/S 977/64/63
>
> SYSLINUX 4.06 EDD 2012-10-23 Copyright (C) 1994-2012 H. Peter Anvin et al
> boot:

These are probably still messages from the bootloader, so your serial
console works in general.

> alix hangs here with no information. I just updated the 0.99m bios. I
> tested the very old fli version with the new bios it's ok.

I don't think it hangs, see below.

> I configured fli to the minimum base, hd, sshd and usb, here is the
> config and test with normal and nonfree kernel

> BOOT_TYPE='hd'
> LIBATA_DMA='disabled'
> MOUNT_BOOT='rw'
> KERNEL_VERSION='3.16.81-nonfree'
> KERNEL_BOOT_OPTION=''
> BEEP='no'
> SER_CONSOLE='no'
> SER_CONSOLE_IF='0'
> SER_CONSOLE_RATE='38400'

Looks like you did not activate serial console here?

> DEBUG_STARTUP='yes'
> NET_DRV_N='1'
> NET_DRV_1='via-rhine'
> NET_DRV_1_OPTION=''
> IP_NET_N='3'
> IP_NET_1='192.168.xxx.xxx/24'
> IP_NET_1_DEV='eth0'
> IP_NET_2='192.168.xxx.xxx/24'
> IP_NET_2_DEV='eth1'
> IP_NET_3='192.168.xxx.xxx/24'
> IP_NET_3_DEV='eth2'
> config hd
> OPT_HDDRV='yes'
> HDDRV_N='1'
> HDDRV_1='pata_amd'
> HDDRV_1_OPTION=''

I have 'pata_cs5536' here. Not sure if 'pata_amd' works, too. It should
work without configuring a special driver here, though.

> I do not understand why alix hangs, have you ever seen this problem with
> alix?
>
> PS: I will try to configure the 4 fli version for a test. it's going to
> be a little long, never looked ;)

Just try it, we would have released already, but we are struggling
getting all the documentation pieces together. :-(

Greets
Alex

P.S.: there's also spline.fli4l.en, but I guess it's okay to just post
here in spline.fli4l, because I guess no one reads that other group
anyway?

--
GnuPG-FP: C28E E6B9 0263 95CF 8FAF  08FA 34AD CD00 7221 5CC6