[Stellenangebote] Junior Android Engineer, FullTime, SuitePad GmbH, Berlin Mitte

Alex Fong alex.fong at suitepad.de
Mi Jun 30 15:28:54 CEST 2021

Junior Android Engineer (m/f/x) in Berlin

At SuitePad, we're shaping the hotel room of the future!

SuitePad is a Berlin-based SasS + Hardware company focused on hotel tech.

We deliver hotels’ aggregated content, entertainment, and services through
in-room tablets and other software- and hardware-solutions. The depth and
quality of our services have made us the market leader for in-room guest
communication in more than 60,000 hotel rooms across the globe. Our
customers include renowned international hotel groups like Jumeirah, Meliá
and Van der Valk. As a team, we are proud of the industry recognition we
have received (Hotel Tech Report, Hotelverband Deutschland (IHA), Gastro
Vision and more).

Our mission is to provide a reliable, effective and delightful platform for
guest communication.

An unique challenge

Since SuitePad delivers both Software and Hardware solutions, as an Android
developer, you will be working exactly at the intersection of Hardware and
Software.

Our Android stack ranges from user-facing applications (e.g. TV
remote-control & VoIP-client) to applications that deal with low-level
communication with Android OS and the hardware (e.g. AOSP ROM customization)

We believe that this variety of our Android projects provides a truly
unique opportunity for anyone interested in the Android ecosystem.

Your Playground:

   -

   Work with a fleet of android devices and tablets running our custom AOSP
   ROMs and suite of native and hybrid (Cordova) android apps
   -

   Improve testability and maintainability of current code-base by applying
   best practices and leveraging the latest compatible frameworks for Java and
   Android.
   -

   You will need to push the limits of our custom android tablets by
   reverse-engineering and discovering ways of doing things that aren’t
   publicly documented and no other hardware makers are doing
   -

   Help us explore how to expand our existing infrastructure into the IOT
   space as we prepare to design and launch new custom hardware
   -

   Your day-to-day responsibilities will also include troubleshooting and
   liaising with staff from other departments

Your Profile:

   -

   You have a solid foundation in writing Object Oriented code
   -

   Experience working with Kotlin and Java
   -

   Basic understanding of Unix operating systems: e.g. permissions,
   processes, file-systems etc
   -

   Familiar with CLI’s
   -

   You already have some projects under your belt: showcasing that you can
   work with dependency management, API’s and compilers
   -

   Eager to learn
   -

   Fluent in English: both written and spoken

Nice to haves:

   -

   Experience with embedded systems, Raspberry Pi, Odroid or IOT devices in
   general
   -

   Having worked on an Android project before
   -

   Experience with writing automated tests

About SuitePad Engineering

Our Stack

Our tech team has built a robust, service-oriented architecture that powers
10s of thousands of devices.

We’re primarily a Ruby/Elixir/Ember.js shop with some services in Node.js
and React. Our custom hardware devices (mostly tablets) are powered by a
suite of Android (Java/Kotlin) apps, which serve our Ember.js apps.

Our infrastructure runs on AWS. We are in the process of migrating to k8s
on EKS. Our datastores are PostgreSQL and Redis. We use AMQP as a message
bus to tie things together.

We use GitHub, CircleCI, CodeClimate to help us get things done.

How We Work

   -

   We are a team of light-hearted and international Frontend, Backend and
   Android Engineers.
   -

   We encourage teammates to bring in well-reasoned opinions, productively
   disagree with us and to make decisions based on technical merits – we make
   evidence-based decisions as a team.
   -

   Our leadership believes in leadership as a service, enabling our team to
   be performant/productive and continuously improving.
   -

   We respect each other's work-life balance.
   -

   We strive to reduce “total cost of ownership” by upholding high code
   quality standards that are enforced via CI, static analysis and code
   reviews.
   -

   We practice agile methodologies that fit our team size - a Kanban-light
   approach.

We Offer:

   -

   A team of excellent international engineers to work with
   -

   A product with global traction
   -

   A modern office, right in central Berlin
   -

   Swift decision making
   -

   A high degree of autonomy in your work and full responsibility for our
   server infrastructure

Our Core Values:

   -

   One team – no politics
   -

   It’s yours – own it
   -

   We care
   -

   Embrace adaptiveness
   -

   We continuously improve
   -

   Rational choices win

Do you consider yourself a good fit?

If you like what we do here at SuitePad and look forward to working with
us, send us your CV to jobs at suitepad.de!

Show us anything that you are proud of! Be it your open source code Github,
links to projects you have worked on, blog-posts etc.

We’re looking forward to getting to know you!

*For more information*

Please visit us at https://www.suitepad.de/