[Stellenangebote] PhD position SW for behavioral science at Max-Planck-Institut für Bildungsforschung, Berlin

Lutz Prechelt prechelt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Fr Okt 30 18:15:01 CET 2015

From: Moussaid, Mehdi [mailto:moussaid at mpib-berlin.mpg.de]
Sent: Freitag, 30. Oktober 2015 14:43
To: prechelt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Subject: Searching for a phd student

Dear Dr. Prechlet,

I'm research scientist at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development
<https://www.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/de>  in Berlin.

We are currently looking for applicants for an open phd position in my
group.  The phd project relates to behavioural science (we study social
contagions in large social networks) but it also involves a lot computer
simulations and the development of multi-users online experiments.

We are therefore looking for candidates with very good programming skills,
who would be interested in studying social phenomena. This profile is rare.
So far, I did not manage to find a candidate with sufficient technical
skills because I was mostly looking in psychology and social sciences
departments.

 My idea now is to advertise this open position in computer science
departments instead. Yet, I don't know how to reach potentially interested
students there.

Do you maybe know a mailing list or any public portal related where I could
advertise for this open position?

The job description is attached. You may also be able to share it with your
students and colleague.

Thanks a lot for your advices,

Best,

Mehdi