[Stellenangebote] Trainee: Bereich Product Management, Zalando

Katharina Beier kunzezu at gmx.de
Do Dez 19 18:27:44 CET 2013

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	Werde Trainee im Bereich Product Management bei Zalando!
Datum: 	Thu, 19 Dec 2013 16:51:36 +0100
Von: 	Juliane Krüger <juliane.krueger at zalando.de>
An: 	stellenangebote at lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de

Zalando’s success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our
efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in
creating the world’s best online fashion experience.

Zalando Technology is the base of our e-commerce platform. We’ve
developed most of that base in-house: the shop, internal systems and our
logistics software. We work in short cycles in order to adapt our
software continuously to our processes.

We mainly use open source solutions when it comes to development and
system operation and work in small, agile teams. The technology
department comprises the teams of feature and platform engineering,
product management, quality assurance and business intelligence. Every
team is central to the perfect shopping experience which millions of
customers have at Zalando.
Learn more about Zalando Technology: tech.zalando.com

TRAINEE IN PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (M/F) - Start date: April 2014
https://jobs.zalando.de/jobportal/index.php?ac=jobad&id=1119

Working for product management at Zalando Technology you’ll learn what
they don’t teach you at university: how to use agile methodology and
creativity to manage a product. Our product management team is
responsible for our international websites and their underlying
processes – from order processing to payment to logistics. Sounds
complicated? You bet it is. That’s why we are looking for trainees who
want to take ownership and keep up with the pace that we’ve held up
since our startup days. We get our own coffees, thank you very much.

Find out more about the Technology Team
http://jobs.zalando.de/en/jobs/technology

Or check out the Zalando TechBlog http://tech.zalando.com/

WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO
Our 18-month trainee program will give you an insight into all things
product management. You’ll take responsibility and drive your product
during your practice periods. At the same time we will teach you all of
the skills you need to be a Product Manager at Zalando: agile
methodologies, design thinking, project management as well as the tech
basics such as SQL, Java or HTML/CSS. You will also get to know other
key areas of the business, such as Quality Assurance, Engineering,
Marketing and Sales. At the end of your traineeship you’re ready to
manage a product in an environment that offers the advantages and
complexities of a large company but is still flexible and fast-paced –
just like a startup.

Find out more about the Zalando trainee program
http://jobs.zalando.de/traineeprogramm-technology-product-management

WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- A successfully completed degree
- Passion for agile software development
- Complex feature demands bring out the best in you, while you still
maintain the ability to find elegant, simple solutions
- Strong analytical skills – a bit of a a “number cruncher”
- You’re first in line when it comes to taking responsibility for a project
- You thrive on alternating tasks and in an ever-evolving environment
- You will be working in an international team, so English is a must and
German a plus

WHAT WE OFFER
Our recipe for success: think big and act fast. That thing you managed
to get done today before you left work? Well, that’s going to affect
millions of customers tomorrow.  Working at Zalando means working in a
fast-growing, international company where you are part of creating the
best online fashion experience in the world. Anything else?

Yes, as it happens:
- You’ll never be bored, there’s always something going on at Zalando
- The most fashionable tech team in the world
- Use of open source technology
- The best of both worlds – we are the fastest growing company in Europe
but we still have a startup culture
- Choice of OS (Linux, MacOS, Windows)
- High-performance hardware (8GB RAM, SSD, 2x 24" monitors)
- We will look after you - challenges/feedback/team work
- A company culture where results and competence are what matters – but
we still wear sneakers, not ties
- And yeah, employee benefits such as a company pension scheme, employee
discount, free fruit and drinks

Want to join us?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your application, which should
include your earliest possible availability date as well as your desired
salary. Please apply through our career portal.

Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact us via email //
Lisa Träbert  lisa.sophia.traebert at zalando.de