[PragmaticWeb] Trying again...

Sebastian Samaruga ssamarug at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 19:01:47 CEST 2017

Hi. I know I've been lately posting some stuff which may have seem very
fuzzy or even non sense (including for me when I read it again, I admit)
but, for some reason, and this I think I share with almost all of SW
community, since I've realized I've some point regarding semantics I feel
in the enormous need of communicate and let the world know of the big
amount of benefits they are missing...

So, despite of my lack of academic politeness, I'm trying (again) to put
this in a few lines. At this point, I admit, it will be most worthwhile
what I could learn from others, as also what I'm learning while I'm doing
this work, than the benefits of only trying to propose 'my' version of a
way of doing things in semantics. So, whatever suggestions of joining in an
open source project or participate in SW developments shall be welcome.

Here is what I've came up on thinking of what could be some 'patterns' I
should follow when building my next applications.

Again, despite being non sense, and my english is not so good, the most I'd
like to get is what I'll learn of what I'm doing wrong. Here I don't know
any playground in where to learn how to do things in SW so this is only
almost by myself:

The statements below are a 'list' of what I 'should' do in a 'framework'
with a very brief description of each 'feature'. I think they are the ones
I'll need when trying to build a business application.

---

Achieve plain RDF serialization to-from any service / backend through Node
Bindings (below).

Model statements into layers, each one having its own 'abstractions' for
the roles each statement parts play:

Data layer: Infer type information, Classes / Kinds roles. Properties
(domain / range role Kinds). From facts layer statements (data) infer which
property kinds holds for which domain / range role kinds:

Who is a Person.
Who is a Business.
Which relations (properties) holds between them.

Information (schema) layer: Events which entail Flows given certain
statements (relations) roles.

aPerson (hired), worksFor, someCompany (hires);

Knowledge (behavior) layer: Given certain Rules some Messages are
‘activated’.

betterJobOffering, employeeBehavior, jobSwitching;

Knowledge, information and data behavior (CRUD) entails ‘propagation’ into
upper / lower levels of statements updating them accordingly via dataflow
graphs (below).

Data example: aProduct, price, 10;

Information example: aProductPrice, percentVariation, +10;

Knowledge example: aProductPriceVariation, tendencyLastMonth, rise;

Features should be provided by the framework / datastore (alignment):

Align identity: merge equivalent entities (with different URIs). Align
types (schema / promotion: infer type due to role in relation).

Align attributes / links: augment knowledge (properties and values) about
entities (because of type / role alignment).

Align ordering: sort entities regarding some context / axis (temporal,
causal, composition and other relations).

Implement functional query / transformation language: for a given entity /
concept (Monad) being able to browse / apply a function which entails some
other result entity (Monads).

Resource endpoints. RESTFul interfaces for metamodels interaction. Provides
/ consumes (feeds / streams) events / messages declared via dataflow
engine. The datastore should be a HATEOAS web application.

Implement XSL Driven declarative dataflow engine: Streams ‘pipes’
declaratively stated in XSL for reactive behavior definitions. Functional
query / transform semantics. Datastore application publish / subscribe to
this (request / response 'filters').

Implement a 'Node' abstraction: Integration of diverse (wrapped into
metamodels) datasources / backends / services / protocols via the
implementation of service contracts and exposing a plain RDF IO (dialog
protocol) interface. A Node Binding to other Nodes shall allow to integrate
via dataflow semantics diverse datasources / datastores.

---

Best Regards,
Sebastian Samaruga.