[PragmaticWeb] Semantic Business Intelligence

Sebastian Samaruga cognescent at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 21:05:41 CEST 2015

Neil, my work is ongoing and very immature. I've just dumped a couple of
concepts of parts of what could built a Semantic backed BI framework
(discovery & mining).

And yes, i meant *prime* numbers. It's easy to grab them with the Java
BigInteger API. And I'll be using them to characterize Resources and their
relationships using factoring of their IDs. The static part of the ID is
the classID (prime PK) and the dynamic part (instanceID) is augmented by
the product of the other Resources in each Statement (Link). The main
purpose for this arrangement was initially indexing Resources and retrieve
similar Resources (by their factors). But now I wrapped all similarity
logic into 'Mappings' which essentially wraps a Resource and extracts all
of its metadata.

And Resources have classes fundamentally in two ways: 1) Enumerate the
class set by extension (its Subjects) or 2) Characterize a set of Subjects
belonging to the same class because of them sharing the same predicates.
For example, Subjects sharing 'brand', 'price', 'discount' predicates are
into the type/class 'Product'.

Thanks for taking the time for reading and replying me. Best regards,
Sebastian.