[PragmaticWeb] Business Applications

Adrian Walker adriandwalker at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 13:09:44 CEST 2012

Sebastian,

You may be interested in the following for your requirements -- Social
Media for App Knowledge Capture and Question Answering in Executable
English** over Databases.

The approach starts from the observation that data by itself is necessary,
but not enough, for many practical uses of an intranet or the Web.

What's also needed is knowledge about how to use the data to answer an ever
increasing number of questions -- such as, "How much could the US save
through energy independence?".

There's emerging technology that can leverage social networking for the
significant task of acquiring and curating the necessary knowledge -- in
the form of Executable English.

You can Google "Executable English" to find this.

The technology underlies a Web site that works as a kind of Wiki, for
collaborative content in open vocabulary, executable English (and other
languages).

Shared use of the system is free, and there are no advertisements.  Just
point a browser to www.reengineeringllc.com .

Since the executable knowledge is in English, Google indexes and retrieves
it, acting  as a kind of registry.

You and your colleagues can use your browsers to write programs as
syllogism-like rules in English, run them, and get detailed English
explanations of the results.

Applications of the system include: Answering Questions about the US
Financial Stimulus Package, Risk Analysis, Reasoning over Taxonomies,
Knowledge Based Data Mining, Business Intelligence, and Supply Chain
Management. Please see [1-6].

To use the system there is nothing to install.  Simply point your browser
to the site below, to run the examples provided, and to write and run your
own examples.

Shared use of the system is free. There is no advertising.

Apologies if you have seen this technology before, and thanks for your
comments,

                          -- Adrian

[1] www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/Stimulus_Arkansas.agent

[2]
www.reengineeringllc.com/A_Wiki_for_Business_Rules_in_Open_Vocabulary_Executable_English.pdf

[3]
www.reengineeringllc.com/Oil_Industry_Supply_Chain_by_Kowalski_and_Walker.pdf

[4] www.reengineeringllc.com/ibldrugdbdemo1.htm   (Flash video with audio)

[5] www.reengineeringllc.com/EnergyIndependence1Video.htm  (Flash video
with audio)

[6] Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA endpoint for Executable English Q/A over SQL data
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

** English, and other languages

** To run an example, please...

      1.  Point a Firefox or Chrome browser to
http://www.reengineeringllc.com

      2.  Click on Internet Business Logic

      3.  Click the GO button

      4.  Select an example from the list in the middle of the page

      5.  Check that the action at the top of the page says
            "Choose an agent and Go to its Question menu"

      6.  Click the Go button

      7.  You should now see a Question Menu

      8.  Click on the first sentence

      9.  You should now see a new window with an "Ask" button

      10. Click the Ask button

      11. You should now see an Answer Table

      12. Click on "Go To the Question Menu" hold down the mouse button,
          select "Get an Explanation of the Selected Line" and release the
button

      13. You should now see a step-by-step explanation of how the system
          used the rules and facts in the example to get the answer

      14. Click on "Go to the Answer Page" hold down the mouse button,
          select "Go to View or Change the Agent" and release the button

      15. You should now see the application "program" that you have just
used.
          It's written in Executable English, and it's editable.
          (If you'd like to make changes, please make a copy first, using
the
           menu on the start page, then make changes only to your copy.)

      16. Please use the Help button on each page to see how to navigate
further

      17. The tutorials show how to write and run your own examples.

Adrian Walker
www.reengineeringllc.com/about_us.html
Reengineering LLC