[jacorb-developer] Jacorb 3.x, RMI and Android

Emmanuel TAUREL taurel at esrf.fr
Wed May 29 15:19:14 CEST 2013

Hi Nick,

Thank's for your answer.

On 29/05/2013 10:11, Nick Cross wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The org.jacorb.orb.Reference / no-rmi option was changed when early
> JDK 1.3 template files were removed. JacORB now requires 1.6 or
> greater to run.
>
> Saying that, while I have not tested JacORB on Android, I would be
> happy to help with any issues.
>
> For your reference issue, would it be possible to create some dummy
> stub classes
I don't really understand what you mean here.

> or to try obtaining the RMI classes from
> http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath which might be sufficient for
> your use-case?
You mean getting all RMI related classes sources from here and add them
to our Android apps? I don't know exactly how many classes are concerned
here but I am afraid it's a bit heavy

But what about class org.jacorb.orb.Reference class simply inheriting
from org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl as it was in previous JacORB release
when the no-rmi compilation option was supported?
To start our application on the Android device,  this is what we did but
manually and we are not sure that this is a 100 % sure fix.

Regards

Emmanuel