[Int. Club der FU] Walking tour + Activities in Berlin during the lockdown

"Internationaler Club der Freien Universität Berlin" International.Club at fu-berlin.de
Fr Apr 16 07:00:48 CEST 2021

Dear members and friends of the International Club,

Unfortunately, our walking tour for Saturday is already completely booked
out! We tried to give the free places to people who haven't done a walking
tour with us so far.

However, we have some suggestions for you what to do in Berlin in lockdown
times. Although the weather is unusually too cold for April at the moment,
it seems that you can do some of the activities from next week onwards if
they are outside :-) Please find our suggestions below:

***Bus Line 100: No need to buy a sightseeing ticket! With your
enrollment, you receive the student card that allows you to travel within
the zone ABC of the public transport system VBB. With bus line 100, you
can do sightseeing without any additional costs. You will see many
attractions between Zoologischer Garten, Brandenburger Tor and
Alexanderplatz.

***Nice weekly markets:
-Winterfeldtplatz (Schöneberg, Wednesday+Saturday)
-Maybachufer (Neukölln, Tuesday+Friday)
-Karl-August-Platz (Charlottenburg, Wednesday+Saturday)
-Boxhagener Platz (Friedrichshain, Saturday)

***Zoos: Zoologischer Garten (former West Berlin) or Tierpark Berlin
(former East Berlin)

***Nice parks:
-Schlosspark Charlottenburg
-Tierpark
-Viktoriapark (Kreuzberg)
-Tempelhofer Feld
-Stadtpark Steglitz
-Mauerpark (Prenzlauer Berg)
-Volkspark Friedrichshain
-Plänterwald (Treptow)
-Treptower Park

***Pfaueninsel (Peacock Island): beautiful island with free-running
peacocks, close to Wannsee
(https://www.spsg.de/en/palaces-gardens/object/peacock-island/)

***Teufelsberg: hill in Grunewald, where you can go hiking and have a
great view of Berlin

***Discover Street Art in various districts:
https://www.blocal-travel.com/street-art-guide/street-art-berlin-maps/

***Visit the East Side Gallery in Friedrichshain

***KaDeWe: There is nothing that you cannot find in the "KaDeWe", the
biggest department store in Continental Europe. Don't miss the exquisite
food hall!

***Botanischer Garten: close to FU
(https://www.bgbm.org/de/ihr-besuch/online-ticket)

***Visit the city of Potsdam: Have a look at the Dutch Quarter and the
inner city center (after the lockdown: visit the Museum Barberini or the
Sanssouci Palace)

***TV series in German/from Germany/in Berlin: Babylon Berlin (ARD), Dark
(Netflix), Kudamm56+59+63 (Netflix), Unorthodox (Netflix), Im Angesicht
des Verbrechens; satirical political TV show for advanced German speakers:
Heute Show (ZDF)

***Movies in German/from Germany/in Berlin:
-about the German division and the fall of the wall: Das Leben der
Anderen, Goodbye Lenin, Ballon, Bornholmer Straße
-other movies: Das perfekte Geheimnis, 13 Semester, Oh Boy, Almanya -
Willkommen in Deutschland, Der Vorleser

***And don't forget to check out our Instagram account @intclub_fuberlin

Stay healthy and see you soon! ;-)
Your International Club