[Int. Club der FU] [Fwd: FUBright for International Doctoral Candidates - FUBright upcoming events in April]

"Internationaler Club der Freien Universität Berlin" International.Club at fu-berlin.de
Sa Apr 2 16:26:22 CEST 2016

Dear International Doctoral Candidates at Freie Universität Berlin,

we are pleased to announce FUBright upcoming courses in April:

+++Welcome and Information Day
April 4, 2016, 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This is a great opportunity for those of you who are relatively new to
Freie Universität or who would simply like to receive more information
about Dahlem Research School, the Center for Junior Researchers at Freie
Universität and its offers for international doctoral candidates at Freie
Universität Berlin. Of course, it is also a chance to meet and get to know
other doctoral candidates!
You can access online registration
here.<https://www.drs.fu-berlin.de/node/1237>

+++Guided Visit of the German Parliament Building (Reichstag)
April 4, 2016, 4:45 pm - 8 pm
During a 90-minute guided tour you will learn about the history of the
German parliament building (Reichstag) and aspects of the German political
system. After the tour you are invited to walk up to the dome and enjoy
its panoramic views of Berlin's city center.
You can access online registration
here.<https://www.drs.fu-berlin.de/node/2284/>

+++ Thinking Science and Doing Research (Social Sciences)
April 5, 2016, 2 pm - 6 pm and April 6, 2016, 9 am - 5 pm
The goal of the workshop is to introduce doctoral researchers to the major
standards and traditions of social science research.
You can access online registration
here<https://www.drs.fu-berlin.de/node/1218/>.

+++ Intercultural Aspects of Academic Communication
April 7, 2016, 9 am - 1:30 pm
The aim of this introduction is to develop observational and analytical
tools in order to understand frequent problems and misunderstandings in
intercultural academic settings and to develop communicative and
problem-solving skills for intercultural communication in academic
settings.
You can access online registration
here<https://www.drs.fu-berlin.de/node/1236/>.

+++ Managing your Project with Success
April 11, 2016, 9 am - 5 pm
In this workshop, you will learn the basics of project management and
apply project management tools to your own doctoral or research projects.
The goal of the workshop is to plan a personal project or part of a
project (depending on the scope) per participant.
You can access online registration
here.<https://www.drs.fu-berlin.de/node/1193/>

+++ Workshop "Me and my Supervisor"
April 12, 2016, 9 am - 3 pm
The Workshop focuses on how to build a productive and professional
relationship to your supervisor.
It is the first part of a Peer Mentoring Training & Networking Day, which
consists of three parts to be booked as a package or individually:
Workshop "Me and my Supervisor; Peer Mentoring Information Event and Peer
Mentoring Networking Event.
You can access online registration
here<https://www.drs.fu-berlin.de/node/1494/>.

All offers are free of charge and can be booked via our DRS course booking
platform! See section FUBright Welcome and Career or Qualification at:
www.drs.fu-berlin.de<http://www.drs.fu-berlin.de>
If you have suggestions how we can support you during your doctorate
please write an e-mail to
welcome-drs at fu-berlin.de<mailto:welcome-drs at fu-berlin.de> and we will
integrate them into the FUBright project whenever possible.
Best regards
Your DRS Team

FUBright for International Doctoral Candidates, Welcome Services

Dahlem Research School, Freie Universität Berlin

Hittorfstr. 16, 14195 Berlin

www.fu-berlin.de/en/sites/promovieren/international/<http://www.fu-berlin.de/en/sites/promovieren/international/>

--
Nadine Rades