[Int. Club der FU] Tagesausflug in die Lutherstadt Wittenberg

intlclub at zedat.fu-berlin.de intlclub at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mi Mai 8 18:08:46 CEST 2013

Liebe Freunde des Internationalen Clubs,

Wir begeben uns auf den Spuren Martin Luthers und in das Reich der Legenden, wonach Luther die 95 Thesen mit lauten Hammerschlägen an die Tür der Schlosskirche zu Wittenberg genagelt und so die Reformation eingeleitet haben soll. Gleich 4 UNESCO-Welterbestätten werden wir zu sehen bekommen und anschließend an dem prächtigen mittelalterlichem Straßenfest teilnehmen, wo die Hochzeit von Luther und der Nonne Katharina von Bora nachgespielt wird.

Wir freuen uns auf Euch!!

Dear friends and members of the International Club,

You are very much welcome to join our trip to Lutherstadt Wittenberg. This city, cradle of the Reformation, was home to such important figures as Philipp Melanchthon, “Germany`s teacher”, Lucas Cranach the Elder, “Painter of the Reformation”, and of course Martin Luther, whose Ninety-Five Theses against the papal Trade in indulgences (1517) sparked the Reformation. Eight years later, the former monk Martin Luther married Katharina von Bora, a nun who had left her convent. Since 1994, this wedding has given Lutherstadt Wittenberg a wonderful way to celebrate its annual city festival, entitled “Luthers Wedding”.

We will start our tour in Wittenberg at the building Lutherhaus. Afterwards we will have a guided tour where we also see 4 UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Sites. And then, we will join the festival. In five separate venues set in the courtyards, streets, in front of the castle with its Castle Church, where Luther nailed his theses, there will be markets of artisans and minstrels offering crafts, arts and foods in the style of the 16th century. In front of the City Church “St. Marien”, where Luther preached, Wittenberg`s civic clubs and societies will set up their historical camp, inviting you to experience music and dance. All in all, there will be over sixty different performances, demonstrations andvents.
Return will be around 7:30pm.

As the number of participants are limited, I would ask you to please register as soon as possible.
We are very much looking forward to seeing you!!
Devrím.

Was? Tagesausflug nach Lutherstadt Wittenberg
Wann? Sonntag, 09. Juni 2013, um 09:00 Uhr
Wo? Treffpunkt S-Bahnhof Südkreuz, Gleis 1
Wieviel? 15 Euros für Mitglieder, 17 Euros für Nicht-Mitglieder des Internationalen Clubs (Gebühr beinhaltet die Plakette für das Stadtfest, Stadtführung inkl. Eintritt ins Lutherhaus und Bahntickets)
Anmeldung: Via eMail oder während der Öffnungszeiten des Internationalen Clubs
Bezahlung: Während der Öffnungszeiten des Internationalen Clubs (dienstags von 14:30 bis 16:30 Uhr bei Mingchao oder donnerstags von 16-18 Uhr bei Stephanie).

What: Day trip to Lutherstadt Wittenberg
When: Sunday, June 9th, 2013, at 9am
Where: Meeting place S-Bahnhof Südkreuz, platform 1
Costs: 15 Euros for members, 17 Euros for non-members of the International Club (fee includes badges for the city festival, guidance, entry to the "Lutherhaus" and train tickets)
Registration: Registration can be done via eMail or during the opening hours from the Intnernational Club
Payment: Payment should be done during the opening hours from the International Club, on Tuesdays from 2:30pm to 4:30pm by Mingchao or on Thursdays from 4pm to 6pm by Stephanie.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me: devrim5kaplan at googlemail.com