[Stellenangebote] Master’s Thesis in Computational Oncology @ Charité

Krieger, Teresa Gabriela teresa.krieger at charite.de
Di Dez 12 08:47:56 CET 2023

Master’s Thesis in Computational Oncology, Institute of Pathology, Charité Berlin
We are a new computational group at the Institute of Pathology at Charité Berlin, and also associated with the Charité Comprehensive Cancer Center (CCCC). Our research applies machine learning and statistical modelling to better understand how cellular behaviours give rise to human diseases. We offer a master’s thesis on:
Spatially resolved correlation of morphology and gene expression using XAI
Spatial transcriptomics allows us to capture both gene expression and the morphology of tumors. In this project, we aim to correlate both observations using deep learning and XAI techniques. Thereby, we want to transfer knowledge to routine diagnostics. A detailed project outline is attached.

Tasks
1.   Extend an LRP-based XAI method to a multi-regression neural network for predicting gene expression from image data
2.    Apply to human tissue datasets and evaluate performance

Requirements
•       Enrolment as a master’s student in bioinformatics/computational biology or computer/data science
•       Good knowledge of Python and ideally PyTorch
•       Interest in applying XAI in translational oncology
•       Experience with medical/genomic data and high-performance computing is a plus

Start: By spring 2024

We are looking forward to your application!

Don’t hesitate to contact us:
teresa.krieger at charite.de<mailto:teresa.krieger at charite.de>
kriegerlab.org<https://www.kriegerlab.org/>