[Stellenangebote] Bachelor/ Master Deep Learning, deepsafety.ai, Berlin

Sven Fuelster sven at deepsafety.ai
Mi Mai 4 12:38:46 CEST 2022

Hey,

We at deepsafety.ai research and develop safe deep learning models. With a team that has built prototype autonomous vehicles since 2010, we develop safe perception models for autonomous vehicles and autonomous mobile robots in city traffic. In series production, our technology enables passenger cars, ride-hailing vehicles, delivery robots and industrial robots to operate safely without a human driver. Deepsafety has been founded 2019 in Berlin. With presently 12 employees, we have been doing state-of-the-art research, working closely together with the automotive industry and universities. Here's one example of a Master thesis done by one of our students, developing an architecture where a model can perform multiple computer vision tasks, optimised for safety and speed: https://github.com/tony-rwth/mha-master-thesis.

We have positions for Bachelor and Master students (thesis, full time). You'll work on either

- researching in depth a safety topic like uncertainty in deep learning (see e.g. here for an intro: https://www.gatsby.ucl.ac.uk/~balaji/balaji-uncertainty-talk-cifar-dlrl.pdf)

- applying one of these safety techniques to a deep learning model like object recognition, depth estimation, semantic segmentation, action recognition, or behaviour prediction

- developing a deep learning model, e.g. behaviour prediction by means of transformers under the constraint that the model is fast (like less than a million parameters).

We have a beautiful office in Berlin-Friedenau, right next to U-station Walther-Schreiber-Platz or S-station Feuerbachstr., which is not far from the FU campus.

You should have some experience developing deep learning models from scratch, and you should be fluent in Python programming. It is important for us that you are creative but methodical, that you're driven by understanding things but hands-on, producing concrete results, and that you strive for high quality. This may sound like a high bar, but we're also all nice and curious people - we're a young startup after all.

If you're interested, please let us know asap.: hr at deepsafety.ai.

Cheers,

Sven

( ^_^ )/

Deep Safety GmbH
Rheinstraße 46
12161 Berlin

HRB 204566 B
District Court Berlin-Charlottenburg
Managing Directors: Sven Fülster, Dr. Ralph Meyfarth

+49 (0) 30 23 59 05 12 0

https://deepsafety.ai