[Stellenangebote] Internship, Bachelor, and Master thesis opportunities at Massachusetts General Hospital - Harvard Medical School

Prechelt, Lutz prechelt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Mo Jul 4 13:25:58 CEST 2022

From: Fintelmann, Florian J.,MD <fintelmann at mgh.harvard.edu>

Dear Prof. Dr. Prechelt,

My name is Florian Fintelmann. I am a radiologist at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) in Boston and Associate Professor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School (https://scholar.harvard.edu/florianfintelmann/home).

One of your students, XXX, joined my research team in August 2021 for his Masters thesis and did a fantastic job advancing our software development.

XXX has spoken highly of you and your mentorship. We would very much appreciate it if you could recommend interested students and/or forward this message to your students.

MfG,

Florian J. Fintelmann, MD (he/him/his)

Radiologist, Massachusetts General Hospital<https://scholar.harvard.edu/florianfintelmann>

Officer, Radiology Visiting Research Fellowships<https://www.massgeneral.org/imaging/education/rsvp>

Head, Thoracic Imaging Percutaneous Thermal Ablation<https://www.massgeneral.org/surgery/thoracic-surgery/treatments-and-services/lung-thermal-ablation>

Associate Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School

https://scholar.harvard.edu/florianfintelmann

Please do not feel obligated to respond after normal working hours.

Our team at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School is looking for students (f/m/d) with experience in Machine Learning / Software Engineering who are excited about advancing medical image analysis during an internship (Praktikum) or during their bachelor/master thesis.

What we are looking for:

  *   Experience in Machine Learning (Python and TensorFlow and/or PyTorch)
  *   Scientific integrity

Bonus:

  *   Experience in Software Engineering and Clean Code Development
  *   Statistical Analysis experience
  *   Experience in Python GUI Programming

What you can expect from us:

  *   Excellent mentorship on your thesis and/or publications
  *   Collaboration with research teams from Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, others
  *   Positive working environment
  *   Multi-disciplinary team (medical doctors, engineers, data scientists)
  *   Room for creativity
  *   Future career opportunities
  *   Flexibility

Start date: Fall 2022 and beyond

If you think this is a good match, please send us your CV and a brief description of your experience (fintelmann at mgh.harvard.edu<mailto:fintelmann at mgh.harvard.edu>). We are very excited to get to know you!

Kind regards,

The Fintelmann Lab

https://scholar.harvard.edu/florianfintelmann/home