[Stellenangebote] Full Stack Web Developer (m/f/d) full-time, RISE |Visual Effects Studios, Remote - Europe and UK

Dina Iliopoulos | RISE dina.iliopoulos at risefx.com
Mi Feb 9 09:25:54 CET 2022

RISE is an award-winning, gravity-defying, ass-kicking VFX company with offices across Germany in Berlin, Cologne, Stuttgart and Munich, and recently opened in London! If you think you've seen it all - you haven't until you've worked here. This is where dreams are made, technology is pushed to its breaking point and company parties are referred to as "the end of all days". In the past we've delivered work for Marvel Studios' Eternals, Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch, WandaVision and Loki for Disney+, all seasons of the hit German series Babylon Berlin, Westworld and it's co-creator Lisa Joy's directorial debut feature film Reminiscence. We've recently finished work on The Matrix: Resurrections, as well as The King’s Man and Amazon Prime's The Wheel of Time. Currently, we're working full throttle on super-secret, confidential and completely non-disclosable projects. “Could tell you, would have to kill you.” At RISE, we believe in creating our own software solutions whenever possible. This way, we can ensure that our Artists and our Production team have exactly the tools they need. We are constantly striving to improve our proprietary software to keep up with the growing complexity of our projects and the overall expansion of the company. To support these efforts, we are looking for a Full Stack Web Developer (m/w/d) full-time to start with us ASAP Remote work possible! About the role: The successful candidate will work within a small but dedicated team of developers on our new company-wide production management software. It is set to replace our existing Python/Qt-based infrastructure with a modern browser-based application The role’s focus will be on implementing new features in the frontend, as that is where the most support is needed at the moment Later on, once there is a better understanding of our existing infrastructure, the role will also include working on the backend We maintain a flat hierarchy in our team and expect our new teammate to contribute to our decision-making process Since this is a position on a distributed team, it is important that our new teammate communicates regularly with the other team members and keeps everyone informed about their progress. We expect them to be pro-active and never hesitate to ask for help when you are stuck! Work is a team effort J Our Tech Stack Backend: We use Python for almost everything. In short: The MySQL database is accessed via SQLAlchemy, and made available as a GraphQL endpoint over a Starlette server using the graphene ecosystem Frontend: A Typescript React app with MaterialUI v5 as the styling solution. Noteworthy libraries we use are: react-table, Zustand for state management and Apollo as our GraphQL client. Our test suites are based on pytest, jest and selenium The entire app is managed and deployed with docker Continuous Integration is done on Jenkins What we definitely expect from you: Very good knowledge of React, including global state management Good knowledge of Python Good knowledge of database management with SQLAlchemy and Alembic Good knowledge of software testing with Jest and Pytest An interest in learning more about the processes of the VFX industry Comfortable working in a Linux environment Some nice to haves: Experience with Docker, Jenkins, Sentry Experience with Selenium Basic understanding of UI/UX - design Experience with Agile German language skills (just a plus, not required) We offer you: A collegial cooperation within an international team Independent working The opportunity to help, shape and further develop the recruiting process The opportunity to become part of a growing company The possibility to look behind the curtain of cinema blockbusters Snacks and drinks for free Regular team events, e.g. BBQs, Wrap Parties A fair remuneration Please reach out to Dina directly at dina.iliopoulos at risefx.com! EU or UK citizenship, or an already existing EU or UK work permit is required.

Constandina Iliopoulos - VFX Recruiter - RISE

t: +49 30 20180300
e: constandina.iliopoulos at risefx.com
w: www.risefx.com

RISE FX GmbH
Schlesische Straße 28, 10997 Berlin
Ehrenstraße 13, 50672 Köln
Schloßstraße 70, 70176 Stuttgart
Geschäftsführer: Sven Pannicke, Robert Pinnow
Handelsregister Berlin HRB 106667 B