[Stellenangebote] Announcing two open research positions at HCC Research Group (FU Berlin)

Glinka, Katrin katrin.glinka at fu-berlin.de
Fr Okt 29 12:08:23 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

I would like to kindly ask you to spread this call for two open research positions in our Human-Centered Computing (HCC) Research Group at Freie Universität Berlin. We consider these positions as important and relevant research that we can use to make a social difference.

***First open position***

We are looking for a new team member for our research project “Enkis – Establishment of Sustainable Study Programs for Responsible AI".

This position is focused on exploring methods, approaches, and techniques in the field of Responsible AI and contribute them to the establishment of sustainable AI-related study programs at Freie Universität Berlin. The focus lies on the design of AI technologies, in particular on how we can prevent discrimination against individuals or inhibit invasion of privacy by basing the design and development of user interfaces and AI-based systems on the values associated with Responsible AI. Furthermore, the challenge at hand is to provide users of AI technologies with explanations regarding the data or models used in such a way that ensures fairness and transparency. As part of this 100% predoc position, the successful applicant will be supported in realizing a dissertation project.

Further information about the position can be found here (Extended application deadline: Nov. 15, 2021):

https://www.mi.fu-berlin.de/en/inf/groups/hcc/open_positions/2021_WM_enkis.html

***Second open position***

We are looking for a new team member for our research project “WerteRadar – Donating health data with sovereignty”.

This position is focused on enabling reflective health data donation. As part of the research project WerteRadar (werteradar.org) the positions’ focus lies on sovereign data donation and Human-Centered Security and Privacy and is allocated in an interdisciplinary team. The focus of HCC research within the collaborative project WerteRadar (conducted in collaboration with Fraunhofer AISEC, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin and Fernuni Hagen) lies on the design and development of interaction concepts considering user-oriented explanations. The successful applicant will work closely with another research assistant in the context of this task and be accompanied by a dedicated HCC team working on related research topics. As part of this 100% predoc position, the successful applicant will be supported in realizing a dissertation project.

Further information about the position can be found here (extended application deadline: Nov. 15, 2021:

https://www.mi.fu-berlin.de/en/inf/groups/hcc/open_positions/2021_open-position_HCC2021-WM-14.html

Our profile:

The Human-Centered Computing Research Group (HCC – hcc.mi.fu-berlin.de) stands for an interdisciplinary team in the field of collaborative computing and human-computer interaction (HCI).

Our focus lies on advancing research and the design of socially responsible technologies. We analyze the interconnectedness of data, algorithms and social context in order to enable sustainable human-machine collaboration. The current application focus is on machine learning technologies related to privacy, reflection and explanation, with a focus on interactive and conversational user interfaces. We understand these technologies as socio-technical systems that are located in specific contexts of use. This is also the basis for our methodological approach to system design, which is based on critical practice.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about this call.

Kind regards,

Katrin Glinka

--

Katrin Glinka