[Stellenangebote] Scala Developers

Franziska Wöckel franziska.woeckel at hivemindtechnologies.com
Mi Okt 27 11:45:00 CEST 2021

Scala Developer

About Hivemind

As a Berlin based software consultancy, we are focussed on building state of the art scalable platforms using functional programming and DevOps paradigms. We believe writing software is an inherently creative craft which requires a nurturing, supportive and collaborative environment - even though we develop platforms for machines mostly talking to other machines, ours is first and foremost a people business!
We exist and strive to empower companies who conduct their business according to our values: fairly, ethically, sustainably, humanly. We don't do fossil fuels, defense nor surveillance.
We believe that one can only excel at what we do with kindness, respect and the collaborative pursuit of knowledge. We stand for progressive values, embrace diversity, different cultures and backgrounds, and we want to make the world a better place, which is why we care deeply about whom we work with as customers and as colleagues.

We are a team of skilled Scala developers which like to write pure functional and clean Scala code. We are working mostly fullstack with little frontend but quite a bit of DevOps. Our stack includes a lot of OSS, including Jenkins, Spark, git, kafka, elasticsearch and libraries including zio, cats, circe, monix, fs2, akka streams, http4s and shapeless. We heavily make use of AWS and cloud computing.

Our team is nice to work with, has flexible working times and embraces remote work. Preference is given to women and people of minority groups with equal qualifications.
Your responsibilities
Designing and building distributed data systems
Writing code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability
Creating and improving infrastructure and processes that fit our clients needs
Thinking holistically: Constantly evaluating our work and internal processes

We would love to work with you, if you....
Are proficient in writing clean Scala code
Are familiar with the JVM
Have experience with a variety of databases
Have enthusiasm for microservice architectures, distributed systems and RESTful APIs
Have knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services
Like to work in a small and dynamic team
Are fluent in English
Are a EU/EEA national or have a working permit
Are living within one of these time zones: GMT, CET or EET
Consider yourself a genuinely kind and friendly person

What gives you the edge:

The desire and ability to write pure functional code
Experience in statistical modeling and machine learning
Experience with cloud computing, especially AWS
Experience with DevOps and interest in CI/CD
Experience working in a distributed team

What we offer you

By joining Hivemind, you will work in a small, collaborative cross-functional team with flat hierarchies and lean processes. Together with our focus on clean code and test coverage, you will be able to contribute right from the start and take ownership quickly.

As a small and distributed team, we also don’t enforce strict work times and allow for flexible remote work. We want our work to fit well into our personal lives and families.
As a result of working for different clients, you will mostly be working with state-of-the-art technology and therefore continuously improve your technical skills. There is no predefined set of technologies we use. You are encouraged to make suggestions for your favorite tools and technologies. We have a trial and error philosophy and take the time to try out new tools and techniques when we think it will benefit us in the long term.

Our benefits:
We work 100% remotely
Choice of equipment (Mac or Linux)
Cross-Functional teams
Paid Conference/workshop
Paid co-working
Regular on-sites
Flexible working arrangements (between 20 - 38h / week)
30 days of paid vacation
We don’t do overtime

Hivemind Technologies AG
Greifswalder Str 226
10405 Berlin
Germany

Tel. +49 (0)30/ 800 98 140

Please send us your complete application documents to jobs at hivemindtechnologies.com <mailto:jobs at hivemindtechnologies.com>.

--
Franziska Wöckel, Vorständin (COO)
Hivemind Technologies AG
Greifswalderstr. 226 10405 Berlin
Telephone 030 800 98 140
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Köln | HRB 82018
Vorstand: Erik Schmiegelow, Franziska Wöckel