[Stellenangebote] Regional Academy UN - Call for Applications

Prechelt, Lutz prechelt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Do Feb 27 17:45:54 CET 2020

From: RAUN Academy <raun-communications at ra-un.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 23:04
To: dekanat at mi.fu-berlin.de
Subject: Regional Academy UN - Call for Applications

Dear Sir or Madam ,

We are contacting you on behalf of the Regional Academy on the United Nations (RAUN<http://www.ra-un.org/>),
an international, multidisciplinary education initiative that brings together United Nations'
Organizations and outstanding Master and PhD students. As part of the seven-month-long
program, students get the opportunity to conduct hands-on research projects for the
Agencies and to attend lectures and interactive workshops in different countries given by
experts and practitioners. RAUN’s aim is to provide participants with in-depth knowledge
and resources about internal organizations and their functions, to raise their cultural
awareness and openness, and to offer a forum for networking and academic exchange.

Currently, we are inviting applications for the 2020-2021 RAUN academic year. The program
will start in May this year and will deal with the theme:  “Partnership and Cooperation for
the Future: 75 years of UN Action”. The deadline for applications is 3 April 2020.

I am contacting you to kindly ask, whether you could forward the attached call for applications to
the students of your university/faculty/department and to publish it on your website or
newsletter, if possible. Together with our call for applications, I have attached a flyer
introducing our program for your information and distribution.

RAUN is a non-profit organization operated entirely by volunteers. Except for a service
charge of 150€, we do not charge participants any fees and we offer scholarships for those
students who are otherwise not able to finance their participation. You can find more
information about our program on our website<http://www.ra-un.org/> or Facebook<https://de-de.facebook.com/RAUNAcademy>. Besides, we have created two video clips to
give students a first impression of our program: An image spot (http://www.ra-un.org<http://www.ra-un.org/>) and
one answering frequently asked questions about the Academy (https://youtu.be/4vlTvUSk5R4).
Please feel free to also share these videos with your students.

If you know colleagues in other departments/faculties whose students could benefit from
this program, we would be grateful if you could forward this email to them.

Should you have any questions about RAUN or need additional information, please do not
hesitate to contact us.

Thank you very much for your support!

With best regards,
Your RAUN team