[Stellenangebote] Voll-/Teilzeit: Junior R&D Engineer, colormass GmbH, Berlin

Marcus Edel marcusedel at zedat.fu-berlin.de
So Jan 7 17:30:21 CET 2018

For more information visit http://colormass.com/jobs/r-and-d-engineer/

The Role
At colormass we are developing state of the art technologies in the field
of 3D. We are currently looking to expand our research team (in Budapest
and in Berlin) with physicists, mathematicians and computer scientists who
are interested in solving difficult theoretical problems with a practical
use. Your role will be to work on a solution for challenging problems or to
implement an existing paper or technique.

One example of such a task would be to research concepts and algorithms
which can extract the surface properties of fabrics, wood and other
finishes. More specifically, algorithms that efficiently approximate BSDF
properties of different physical materials based on photographs captured
using our in-house camera and light system.

Responsibilities
* Read papers and keep up with the newest research in the field of optics
and computer graphics
* Assist in the development, prototyping, and testing of new computer
graphics algorithms
* Research algorithms that efficiently approximate BSDF properties of
different physical materials
* Collaborate with highly skilled 3D artists and engineers

Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics, information technology or
similar
* High motivation and perseverance to tackle difficult problems
* Good English or German

Advantages
* Good knowledge of classical and modern optics
* Experience in Python or C++
* Experience in computer graphics
* Strong passion for writing software of the highest quality

What we offer
* Being part of a technological revolution and shaping the future of the 3D
industry
* Dynamic, stimulating company culture with a very challenging vision
* Continuous self-development and the opportunity to learn from highly
skilled colleagues
* Job type: Full-time, student, internship
* Location: Berlin (close to Ernst-Reuter-Platz) or Budapest

How to apply
Please send your application to jobs-at-colormass.com with the following
information:
* Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
* Anything (computer) science related you are proud of
* Salary expectation
* Put "Junior R&D Engineer" in the subject line of your email

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call us +49 30 6920 6200 or
send an email to the above mentioned email address.

For more information visit http://colormass.com/jobs/r-and-d-engineer/

Best regards,
 Tas Sóti

--