[Stellenangebote] PhD in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics, biology and genomics Experience analyzing NGS data, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City

Marcus Edel marcusedel at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sa Sep 24 23:06:10 CEST 2016

Postdoctoral Positions in New York (Bioinformatics/Cancer Genomics/Data
analysis

We are seeking two motivated postdoctoral researchers to join our lab at
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. Our lab
specializes in large-scale analysis of complex genomics data, and we are
particularly interested in understanding the principles of tumor evolution
and tumor immunogenicity, i.e. how tumors evolve genomically over time and
how the immune system responds to the subclonal composition of a tumor. We
also have extensive expertise in analyzing non-coding variation from whole
genome sequencing data. Our lab maintains close collaborations with
clinical investigators at the institute, providing us with rich genomic
data sets and offering unique opportunities for computational biologists
to have immediate impact on how cancer patients are being treated today.
For further information visit weinholdlab.org<http://weinholdlab.org/>.

Relevant Qualifications

  *   PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field

  *   Interest in cancer biology and genomics

  *   Experience analyzing NGS data

  *   Proficiency in R, MATLAB, or other programming languages (e.g.
Python, Java, etc.)

  *   Solid understanding of molecular biology

  *   Experience with cloud computing/compute cluster environments is a plus

  *   Experience with TCGA/1000 Genomes/ENCODE or other genomics data is a
plus

Responsibilities

  *   Develop computational methods to analyze and integrate various
genomics data types

  *   Use existing tools and pipelines to analyze large-scale cancer
genomics data (whole genome/exome, RNA-Seq, CHiP-Seq, etc.)

  *   Communicate research findings to collaborators and the scientific
community at large

Successful candidates will pursue their research projects in a highly
collaborative environment. Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is
consistently ranked as one of the leading cancer center in the world. Our
main campus occupies three city blocks in the heart of New York City, next
to The Rockefeller University and Weill Cornell Medicine. Within this
tri-institutional research and education community, postdocs can cultivate
rewarding collaborations and participate in a rich agenda of academic,
professional, and social events. Compensation is highly competitive and
includes health insurance and other benefits.

Informal inquiries and applications should be addressed to Nils Weinhold
(weinholn at mskcc.org<mailto:weinholn at mskcc.org>)