[Stellenangebote] Praktikum: Ruby on Rails und Front End development, Fairnopoly eG, Berlin

Marcus Edel marcusedel at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Do Aug 21 23:16:30 CEST 2014

===========
Who we are:
===========
Fairnopoly is a social startup located in Berlin: Too often, economy
works according to the principles of a famous board game: Participants
try to make as much profit as possible at the expense of others. At
Fairnopoly we turn to the game upside down: Fairnopoly is an online
marketplace organized as a cooperative where every stakeholder can own a
share and have a saying.

There are three main reasons for the “fair” in Fairnopoly:

1) A fair business model – the “co-operative 2.0″
2) The promotion of responsible consumption
3) A contribution to the fight against corruption

Read more at https://www.fairnopoly.de/about_us (in German).

Fairnopoly is an Open Source project (using the GPLv3). Our code
repository is hosted on Github:https://github.com/fairnopoly/fairnopoly

=======================
Who we are looking for:
=======================
We are looking for interns in the areas Ruby on Rails and Front End.

We all speak English, but you should at least read well in German, as a
lot of our documentation and also the marketplace platform itself is in
German.

We would love to increase the number of women in the team, and we
participate e.g. in the Geekettes Berlin network!

==============
What we offer:
==============

A big, you could say megalomaniac, project, which challenges established
online marketplaces

A dedicated, friendly team of 15 team members (including 4 software
engineers), that is working to make the world a better place

A beautiful office (we just moved in) which we are currently designing
to create a pleasant place to work at, with a large kitchen where we
cook together regularly, and a relaxation room. We also love other team
activities like climbing or barbecues.

Generous holiday entitlement, flexible working hours, home office possible

A technical team that organizes and optimizes itself constantly
according to agile best practices, where team members support each other
in order to develop their skills (we use Scrum, pair programming, code
reviews, regular joint sessions to pass on knowledge in the team, e.g.
on security issues, frameworks etc.)

Networking with the social startup “scene” in Berlin

As a startup, we can offer only a moderate financial compensation. How
soon we will be able to pay ourselves appropriate salaries, depends on
our collective success. All members who contribute work that is not paid
for can collect Points through our special “FAIR Founding Point” system.
These points entitle members to a share of the revenues once our
business is running well.

Please send your application with all relevant documents to: Anna Kress,
CTO at Fairnopoly, anna at fairnopoly.de

--

Marian Gutscher - Koordination Vorträge & Workshops
Telefon: +49 (0)30 - 91 51 35 68

Fairnopoly eG
Glogauer Str. 21
10999 Berlin

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, GnR 738 B
USt-IdNr.: DE 290376380

Vorstand: Felix Weth, Anna Kress, Bastian Neumann
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Kim Stattaus

www.fairnopoly.de
dreh' das Spiel um

Facebook: www.facebook.com/fairnopoly