[Stellenangebote] Teilzeit-Job: Werkstudent (w/m) Webprogrammierung (digital humanities), Max-Planck-Institut für Wissenschaftsgeschichte, Berlin/Dahlem

marcusedel at zedat.fu-berlin.de marcusedel at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Di Apr 29 21:21:19 CEST 2014

------------------------ Ursprüngliche Nachricht ------------------------
Betreff: Student assistants (Web programming, digital humanities) /
Max-Planck-Institut für Wissenschaftsgeschichte / Dahlem
Von:     "Shih-Pei Chen" <schen at mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de>
Datum:   Mo, April 28, 2014 10:16
An:      stellenangebote at lists.spline.de

Dear all:

Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (MPIWG) is looking for
2 student assistants who will help us building an e-research
infrastructure for humanities research. We need someone who is good
and fast at Web programming (mainly PHP/Python and Javascript) and who
can pick up new technologies quickly. Prior knowledge in Chinese, XML,
Unicode, Regular Expressions is welcomed but not necessary. Official
advertisement can be viewed here:
http://www.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/en/news/jobs.html#0033.

Digital humanities (DH) is a hot rising field. You might have heard
Google NGram Viewer (https://books.google.com/ngrams) which
demonstrates a core question in DH very well: what new discoveries can
humans make after Google Books digitised 1% of books in the whole
world, giving that we now have fast computers and text-mining
algorithms to help analysing the texts? MPIWG is devoted in DH by
developing digital infrastructure for historical research. We now have
interesting projects going on about mapping knowledge of historical
China onto GIS maps. Join us to get involved in DH!

Application deadline is 30.4., but applications sent before next
Monday (5.5.) will still be fine.

Contact: Shih-Pei Chen
schen at mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de

--
Shih-Pei Chen, Digital Content Curator
Max Planck Institute for the History of Science