[Stellenangebote] Student research assistant at the Robotics and Biology Laboratory at the TU Berlin

Mahmoud Mabrouk mahmoud.mabrouk at tu-berlin.de
Fr Apr 5 15:17:47 CEST 2013

Position: Student research assistant

Topic: Protein structure prediction

The Robotics and Biology Lab conducts innovative research in protein
structure prediction and protein flexibility. We are currently looking
for motivated students that support our effort in entering the 11th
community-wide experiment on the Critical Assessment on Protein
Structure prediction (CASP http://predictioncenter.org).

The successful applicant will be involved in developing and
implementing a novel protein structure prediction framework. We offer
the opportunity to become part of a team that conducts cutting-edge
research in structure prediction.

Strong programming skills in C/C++ are required. Experience with a
scripting language (Python or Perl) and/or experience with programming
of large dedicated compute clusters is a plus. Familiarity with one of
the following research areas is helpful, but not required: robotics,
AI, machine learning, protein structure prediction, protein docking,
protein flexibility.

If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:

Ines Putz or Michael Schneider, Tel: 030-314 73113

Please email your application, including cover letter, CV, and other
supporting material as a single PDF file to
robotics at robotics.tu-berlin.de.