[Stellenangebote] FW: Journal of Young Investigators — Calling all professors

Lutz Prechelt prechelt at inf.fu-berlin.de
So Sep 23 19:54:21 CEST 2012

From: Julius Rea, JYI DIrector of Public Relations [mailto:dpr=jyi.org at mail121.us2.mcsv.net] On Behalf Of Julius Rea, JYI DIrector of Public Relations
Sent: Dienstag, 18. September 2012 18:29
To: prechelt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Subject: Journal of Young Investigators — Calling all professors

Journal of Young Investigators: An opportunity for undergraduates to get published
Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser:

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f1a3b7b2d3cb335f09ccdf9f6&id=c09224aa5a&e=2e5452388b

An online publication for undergraduates

Dear Professor:

My name is Julius Rea, and I am the current Director of Public Relations at the Journal of Young Investigators (www.jyi.org). Featured in Nature, The New York Times, and Science, JYI publishes research manuscripts, science news and features articles, and information about careers in science. Since 1997, we have published over 500 articles. All content is reviewed by our editorial team, which currently represents more than 50 academic institutions from eight countries.

I am writing to make you aware of several opportunities for your undergraduates to publish their research, learn more about the peer-review process, and receive mentoring and training in science. We hope that you will forward the bottom portion of this e-mail to your students and/or add a link to www.jyi.org on your department's webpage.

1. JYI is currently soliciting submissions in Biology and Biomedicine, Physical Sciences and Mathematics, and Psychology and Social Sciences. Our editorial staff members carefully review these manuscripts in conjunction with faculty at their institutions — guiding authors through a revision and editing process — to which few of them would otherwise be exposed.

2. We are also looking for talented, motivated students to join our team as editors, science journalists and leaders. All JYI staff members contribute their time on an unpaid basis. Science journalists at JYI work closely with professional science writers, who mentor them through the writing process. Students applying for editor positions should have a strong passion for promoting scientific research. For more information on joining our staff, please click here.

We are currently actively seeking candidates for the following positions:

General Staff (average commitment of 3-5 hours/week)
Science Journalist
News and Feature Editor
Copy Editor
Research Associate Editor
Career News Researcher
Human Resources Officer
Graphic Artist/Programmer

Executive Board (average commitment of 10 hours/week)
Director of the Career Center
Director of Human Resources
Chief Executive Officer

Thank you so much for your dedication to undergraduate research. To follow us on Facebook and Twitter, please click on the links below. If there is another individual at your institution whom you think would be interested in JYI, we invite you to forward his or her email address to us.

Best regards,

Julius Rea
Director of Public Relations
Journal of Young Investigators
www.jyi.org

Attention undergraduates!
Publish your research, become an editor, or become a science journalist at the Journal of Young Investigators, a peer-reviewed, online journal managed entirely by undergraduates. Since 1997, JYI has published over 500 research and features articles and has been featured in Nature, The New York Times, and Science. We invite you to submit original research articles to JYI or join our staff. Gain experience in disseminating your research, communicating science to the general public and share your work with thousands of readers! For more information, please visit www.jyi.org. For details on joining our staff, please click here. Or follow us on Twitter (@jyijournal) or Facebook (Facebook.com/jyijournal).

The Journal of Young Investigators · The Journal of Young Investigators is an electronic publication. · We operate anywhere, and everywhere! 00000