[Stellenangebote] Open Student Positions: 2 Java/Scala Developers, 1 Web Developer

Anja Jentzsch anja.jentzsch at fu-berlin.de
Di Jan 25 15:44:45 CET 2011

== 2 Student Positions: Java/Scala Developer ==

We, the Web-based Systems Group, are looking for 2 bachelor/diploma/master's students for a student research/development position (60 or 80 hours per month) who are willing to engage in research/development in an active team involved in Europe-wide projects.

The Web-based Systems Group (http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/en/institute/pwo/bizer) explores technical and economic questions concerning the development of global, decentralized information environments. Our current research focus are Linked Data technologies for extending the World Wide Web with a global dataspace.

Task Description:
Work with an international developer community and participate in Linked Data efforts currently advanced by our team (DBpedia, Silk Link Discovery Framework, R2R Mapping Framework, LDSpider).

Requirements:
- Java or Scala
- English

Desirable:
- Knowledge of Semantic Web Technologies (RDF, SPARQL, Linked Data)
- Knowledge of Database Management Systems (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in team programming efforts (esp. Open Source projects)

You will have the opportunity to write your (bachelor/master/diploma) thesis with us.

Please apply via email (christian.bizer at fu-berlin.de) by 6 February 2011.

== Student Position: Web Developer ==

We, the Web-based Systems Group, are looking for a student bachelor/diploma/master's student for a Web Development position (60 or 80 hours per month).

The Web-based Systems Group (http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/en/institute/pwo/bizer) explores technical and economic questions concerning the development of global, decentralized information environments. Our current research focus are Linked Data technologies for extending the World Wide Web with a global dataspace.

Task Description:
 Investigate novel ways to visualize and manipulate structured information from the Web. Create reusable interface components to be shared as open source.

Requirements:
- Javascript, CSS, HTML
- Level of experience in Web development compatible with the task requirements
- English

Desirable:
- Javascript libraries (e.g. jQuery, Prototype, ExtJS)
- PHP

http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/en/institute/pwo/bizer/news/3StudentPositions2011.html