[Stellenangebote] WG: Cyber Security Challenge 2009

Gesine Milde milde at inf.fu-berlin.de
Do Apr 9 11:23:43 CEST 2009

________________________________
Von: Sarah Allen [mailto:sarah at globalsecuritychallenge.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. April 2009 12:26
An: sekr at inf.fu-berlin.de
Betreff: Cyber Security Challenge 2009

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have taken your contact details from the Freie Universität Berlin website as I thought you may know some researchers (academics or students) who would find our new Cyber Security Challenge competition of interest.

The Global Security Challenge LLP (GSC) is a central hub for security innovators, start-ups and investors.  It is a valuable launching pad for security innovation and each year over $500,000 USD is awarded in its world leading competitions to start-ups, entrepreneurs and researchers within the security technology field.  The top contenders from previous competitions have subsequently raised over $52 million in new capital.

We have just launched the Cyber Security Challenge competition for innovative individuals researching new ideas in cyber security.  The judging for this award will focus mainly on the disruptive potential of the technology and less on the idea's maturity.  The three winners of this competition will gain cash grants totalling £9,000 GBP (sponsored by BAE Systems), mentorship, publicity, and an opportunity to network with industry leaders at an exclusive event.

Would it be possible for you to forward our e-mailer (below) to any potentially interested parties, or add it to your Department's intranet pages?
If this is not the correct email address for information regarding our competitions to be sent to, please let me know who they should be going to!
I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Sarah

Sarah Allen : Marketing Executive
Global Security Challenge LLP

Tel: +44(0)20 7079 9356
Email: sarah at globalsecuritychallenge.com<mailto:sarah at globalsecuritychallenge.com>
Web: www.globalsecuritychallenge.com<http://www.globalsecuritychallenge.com>

*************************
[cid:image002.jpg at 01C9B83C.BFAB1A60]<http://www.globalsecuritychallenge.com/>
The GSC Cyber Security Challenge 2009 is now open!<http://www.globalsecuritychallenge.com/gsc_competitions.php>

The Global Security Challenge (GSC) has launched a new competition to find and support the world's most creative innovators responding to the mounting challenges in cyber security.

[cid:image004.jpg at 01C9B83C.BFAB1A60]Who Should Apply?

All innovators in universities or SMEs that apply to information assurance and cyber security needs.

Our areas of interest include (but are not limited to): data protection, user authentication, penetration testing, network protection, spam prevention, anti-malware, identification of data theft, detection of dormant threats on corporate servers, tackling of identity theft on the internet, and defenses for virtualized computing resources.

The judging for this award will focus mainly on the disruptive potential of the technology and less on the idea's maturity.
How to Apply

For further information and to apply to the Cyber Security Challenge 2009, please visit our website: www.GlobalSecurityChallenge.com<http://www.globalsecuritychallenge.com/>

Entry is free.  Apply before 15 May 2009.

If you have any further questions regarding the competition please contact the GSC team at: competitions at globalsecuritychallenge.com<mailto:competitions at globalsecuritychallenge.com>.

Global Security Challenge LLP, 8 Percy Street, London W1T 1DJ