[jacorb-developer] Making JacORB work for Java 11

Tredinnick, Jacob jacob_tredinnick at mentor.com
Wed Dec 5 12:59:34 CET 2018

Hi All,

My team is currently working on moving our application to Java 11 & have been involved in some of the previous discussion here.

The message here from Eric Pierskalla:
http://lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de/pipermail/jacorb-developer/2018-November/000936.html

States that linking the following jars would work for Java 9-11:
jacorb-3.9.jar
jacorb-omgapi-3.9.jar
jboss-rmi-api_1.0_spec-1.0.6.Final.jar
slf4j-api-1.7.14.jar
slf4j-jdk14-1.7.14.jar

Based on a suggestion from Gergely Jakab.

We have tried this and found that it does not compile for Java 11, although we did find a similar fix working for Java 9-10.
(Java 9 & 10 are not an option for us because they are not LTS releases).

Eric or Gergely (or anyone?),

Can you please comment on whether linking the jars above will work for Java *11*?

Thanks
--
Jacob Tredinnick

ps
I am new to this mail list so I think I need to start a new subject rather than reply to the message I linked above.
Please correct me if there is a way to reply to an earlier message.