[jacorb-developer] JDK9 - information about Jacorb usage in CXF

Grzegorz Grzybek gr.grzybek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 13:17:29 CEST 2016

Hello

TL;DR: no questions asked, just some good information about  Jacorb+JDK9 ;)

I'm helping with CXF transition to JDK9 and I usually try to fix different
Corba related issues with CXF.
When fixing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-6923
("org.omg.CORBA.TIMEOUT is not handled with Jacorb implementation") I've
added jacorb (test) dependencies to CXF. I successfully fixed CXF closing
last Corba issue for CXF.

Now I started checking corba+jacorb+JDK9 issues with CXF.

So - the good news is that after minor changes (
https://github.com/apache/cxf/pull/168/files), which consisted of:
* using `--patch-module java.corba=path/to/jacorb-omgapi.jar`
* several `--add-exports=java.corba/org.omg.CONV_FRAME=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-exports=java.corba/org.omg.CORBA_2_5=ALL-UNNAMED ...`

I was able to run CXF+Jacorb under JDK9.

The other good news is that we had much better test results with Jacorb
ORB's implementation, than with default SUN's implementation - see details
here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-7054?focusedCommentId=15490140&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15490140

best regards
Grzegorz Grzybek