[jacorb-developer] interface repository

Phil Mesnier mesnierp at ociweb.com
Wed Mar 2 14:32:27 CET 2016

Hi Jan,

It looks like resolving bug 46 would take a fair amount of effort. Would you be willing to sponsor the development of whatever improvements you might need?

I also see two alternatives, first is sticking with the OpenCCM IR implementation, but given that the OpenCCM website seems to have stopped maintenance 11 years ago,  I understand your hesitance. The other option you may consider is using another ORB's IFR. For instance TAO's IFR is available in a stand-alone configuration, granted it is a C++ implementation, but since it is stand-alone, this shouldn't matter. I have verified that TAO's IFR does distinguish typecodes for string vs wstring types.

Best regards,
Phil