[jacorb-developer] JacORB compatibility with Java 9

Stout, Eric A. stout6 at llnl.gov
Fri Nov 6 22:39:38 CET 2015

One of our developers went to the JavaOne conference last week, and attended a presentation on changes coming in Java 9.  One of those is the removal of something called the "Endorsed Standards Override Mechanism", whereby certain packages (mostly a bunch of CORBA-related stuff - javax.rmi.corba, org.omg.CORBA, other org.omg stuff) can be overridden by newer versions than are provided by the JRE.

Does JacORB rely on this mechanism?  I observe that the jacorb-omgapi.jar contains many of those org.omg packages, but I don't know if that's related.

Thanks,
Eric