[jacorb-developer] jacorb.poa.thread_pool_max

Phil Mesnier mesnierp at ociweb.com
Fri Jul 31 17:42:44 CEST 2015

Hi Subhash,

The short answer is to follow the recommendation in the warning and set jacorb.poa.thread_pool_max to some value greater than 20.

This situation is happening because your server is receiving more than 20 concurrent requests. Subsequent requests are queued until a thread is available. If your servant code is blocking, that will increase the likelihood of concurrent requests. If your servant makes CORBA calls to other objects in the same server, that can lead to deadlock if these internal calls are queued. An architectural review can help identify such cases and perhaps suggest alternative deployments to avoid nested invocations.

You mention transactions. Are you using the CORBA Transaction Service, or are you using that word to describe an ordinary request/reply interaction between client and server?

-Phil