[jacorb-developer] re-initializing jacorb inital naming service refrence durng run time

Sabu, Alla (Alla) alla.sabu at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Jul 13 15:33:28 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right e-mail alias to ask this question. In case not, please let me know the right mail id.

I have requirement where initial reference for NamingService needs to be changed during run time.
Initially ORB will be started with "ORBInitRef.LocalNameService = corbaloc:iiop:1.2@<IP1>:9202/DefaultNamingContext".

Later, if there is a any High Availability switch, the same ORB should be able to connect to name service running on different machine (ORBInitRef.LocalNameService = corbaloc:iiop:1.2@<IP2>:9202/DefaultNamingContext".).

How we can do this please?

Do we need to shutdown running ORB and re-start it? or is it possible to update initial Nameing Service reference URL property and then call  NamingContextExtHelper.narrow( orb.resolve_initial_references( "LocalNameService" ) )

Jacorb version we are using is 3.1.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sabu