[jacorb-developer] re-initializing jacorb inital naming service refrence durng run time

David Gibbs David.Gibbs at ig.com
Thu Aug 13 11:20:52 CEST 2015

One possibility is toimplement the Naming Service on a conventional cluster such as Redhat Enterprise Linux Cluster.

As an alternative we are currently investigating the use of the TAO Fault Tolerant Naming Service. The would use the features of Fault Tolerant CORBA and should allow the JacORB client to use a secondary  Naming Service with mirrored state.
Check the JacORB release notes for compatibility. Support for ACE and TAO are available along with JacORB.

This was tested by JacOBR/TAO developers and is expected to work. There are scripts that should help with testing this in "$JACORB_HOME/test/orbreinvoke/tao_ns" but they are broken in the current release(s).

I have submitted a pull request "https://github.com/spidergawd/JacORB/tree/BZ-1015" containing fixes for the build and scripts.

hth

David Gibbs
Technical Manager