[jacorb-developer] IllegalAccessException

Nick Cross jacorb at goots.org
Wed Sep 24 18:10:35 CEST 2014

Hi,

Reply inline.

On 24/09/14 16:32, Radha wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> Thanks for your response. If we start using latest Jacob version we
> have to make huge changes in our application. We are nearing our
> deadline. Can you please suggest something so that I would stay with
> Jacob 2.3 beta 2 version. Currently we are using Jacob 2.3.0 version.
> We want fix for socket closed connection shutdown issue. So I was
> thinking of moving to Jacob 2.3.0 beta 2 version in which issue is
> fixed, please advise.

Note that  JacORB 2.3.0 beta 2 predates 2.3.0 final release.

Can you clarify which "socket closed connection shutdown" issue you are
referring to? Do you have a bugzilla reference?

Your earlier email referred to an IllegalAccessException. I would guess
that that is probably because that code was targeting JDK 1.4 - probably
in later JDKs the internal Sun class access protection was changed.

Nick

> Thanks, Radha
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 24, 2014, at 7:50 PM, Nick Cross <jacorb at goots.org> wrote:
>

>> JacORB 2.3 Beta 2 dates from Oct 2006. I would recommend you look
>> at moving to the currently supported 3.5 version.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> On 24/09/14 14:28, Radha wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I downloaded jacorb2.3 beta 2 version of jacorb.jar and when I
>>> tried using in my application, I get below exception.  I figured
>>> that in next version of JSSEUtil the issue is fixed. Is it
>>> incorporated in any version of jacorb 2.3.0? Shall I get the
>>> latest version of JSSEUtil.java file and build the jacrob jar and
>>> start using it? Please let me know.
>>>
>>> I cannot move to jacorb 2.3.1 because of change of log
>>> infrastructure and my application will have major impact.
>>>
>>> [wlrun70] Caused By: java.lang.RuntimeException:
>>> java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class
>>> org.jacorb.security.ssl.sun_jsse.JSSEUtil can not access a member
>>> of class com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLServerSocketImpl with
>>> modifiers "public" [wlrun70]     at
>>> org.jacorb.security.ssl.sun_jsse.JSSEUtil.setWantClientAuth(JSSEUtil.java:139)

[wlrun70]     at
org.jacorb.security.ssl.sun_jsse.SSLServerSocketFactory.createServerSocket(SSLServerSocketFactory.java:248)
>>> [wlrun70]     at
>>> org.jacorb.orb.iiop.IIOPListener$SSLAcceptor.newServerSocket(IIOPListener.java:657)

[wlrun70]     at
org.jacorb.orb.iiop.IIOPListener$SSLAcceptor.createServerSocket(IIOPListener.java:644)
>>> [wlrun70]     at
>>> org.jacorb.orb.iiop.IIOPListener$Acceptor.init(IIOPListener.java:414)

[wlrun70]     at
org.jacorb.orb.iiop.IIOPListener.configure(IIOPListener.java:166)
>>> [wlrun70]     at
>>> org.jacorb.orb.etf.FactoriesBase.newInstance(FactoriesBase.java:123)

[wlrun70]     at
>>> org.jacorb.orb.etf.FactoriesBase.create_listener(FactoriesBase.java:72)

[wlrun70]     at
org.jacorb.orb.BasicAdapter.configure(BasicAdapter.java:104)