[jacorb-developer] TAO 2.3.0 available for download

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Fri Nov 14 11:33:54 CET 2014

Hi all,

We have just released TAO 2.3.0, with improved interoperability with
JacORB. See below for the TAO 2.3.0 release announcement

Best regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT
http://www.theaceorb.nl

Hi all,

Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and
users, we are pleased to announce the minor release
of ACE 6.3.0, TAO 2.3.0, CIAO 1.3.0, and DAnCE 1.3.0, which is available
from the usual download location at:

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/

under the heading "Latest Release".

The doxygen documentation for this release is also available.  In
addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles,
this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to
generate their own makefiles.

We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the:

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$DANCE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're
using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at:

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/

for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of
Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE forward.  Overviews of our recent
progress and upcoming plans are available at:

$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS
$CIAO_ROOT/NEWS
$DANCE_ROOT/NEWS

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our
daily builds is 99% for the ACE tests and 98% for the TAO, CIAO,
and DAnCE tests.

Please see:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests.  As always, we appreciate your help in
resolving any remaining problems. Please see:

ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for an overview of our bug fixing policies.  Moreover, please see:

for information commercial support services available from various
companies.

The following is a list of key changes since the last major release.
Please refer to the corresponding ChangeLog files, NEWS files, or
Bugzilla entries for more details on the problem and the nature of fixes
applied.

==============
Changes to ACE
==============

. ACE now supports Oracle Solaris Studio 12.4 on Solaris.

. New config macros were added:
  ACE_DISABLE_MKTEMP:  Disables the availability of ACE_OS::mktemp().
  ACE_DISABLE_TEMPNAM: Disables the availability of ACE_OS::tempnam().
  These can be added to your $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h to disable these
  wrappers which are considered to be a potential security risk.
  Disabling one or both will also disable the following:
    - ACE_FILE_Addr::set () with the 'any' address specified.
    - ACE_MMAP_Memory_Pool use of the 'unique' option.

. Reduced size of all doxygen documentation by changing the
  type of diagrams shown

. Removed Windows specific workarounds from ACE_OS::setsockopt, as a
  result SO_REUSEPORT is not defined anymore on Windows and SO_REUSEADDR
  is passed directly to the OS

. By adding a 'specific' section to a MPC (base) project it is now
  possible to have object file output directories per project for
  GNUACE projects. The following should be added to MPC projects
  (bugzilla #3868):
  specific(gnuace) {
    build_dir_per_project=1
  }

. ACE_Asynch_Write_File will now correctly accept non-socket (file, TTY
  ..) handles (bugzilla #3762 and #3992)

. Fixes for VxWorks 6.9

==============
Changes to TAO
==============

. New feature added to constrain client ORBs using IIOP to only use
  local TCP ports spanning a supplied range. Use new ORB_init parameters
  -ORBIIOPClientPortBase <base> and -ORBIIOPClientPortSpan <count> to
  specify a range from base to base + count. A base supplied without a
  span indicates the client may use only a single port. A span supplied
  without a base is silently ignored.

. Fixed the manual activation mode of the Implementation Repository

. Reintroduced the restart attempt limiting of the Implementation
  Repository

. Fix a connection leak that occurred when the server side cache
  purged a Thread-Per-Connection managed entry.

===============
Changes to CIAO
===============

. Reduced size of all doxygen documentation by changing the
  type of diagrams shown

================
Changes to DAnCE
================

. Reduced size of all doxygen documentation by changing the
  type of diagrams shown

=====================
Bugzilla Issues Fixed
=====================

0 MPC bugzilla issue fixed:
4191 pdb filename can't be overruled

5 ACE bugzilla issues fixed:
682 New GNU linker(?) warns of dangeours use of "temp" functions
3762 ACE_Asynch_Write_File doesn't work with serial ports under Win32
3868 gnu.mpd: all objects are stored at the same location(.obj/.shobj)
3992 ACE_Asynch_Write_File::write fails with error "handle is not a socket"
4170 Generated Makefile for install_rpath uses wrong option for HP-UX

5 TAO bugzilla issues fixed:
2911 TAO_DII_Asynch_Reply_Dispatcher
4185 ImpRepo doesn't respect start limit
4186 manual started server will be automatically restarted on crash
4187 no unit test for implrepo starting a notify service
4189 ACE_SOCK_Dgram_Bcast reuse on windows doesn't work

0 CIAO bugzilla issues fixed:

0 DAnCE bugzilla issues fixed: