[jacorb-developer] Documentation on _PRE_3_0_COMPILER_ definition?

Timothy Astle timothy.astle at caris.com
Sun May 11 03:05:32 CEST 2014

Yea, I tried import and it didn't like it.

Thanks for the clarification that only include works in JacORB.

Sojust to confirm, I'm not missing some 3.0 IDL compilation mode in
JacORB, correct?

Tim

On 09/05/2014 5:27 PM, Nick Cross wrote:

> From the orb.idl:
>
> //   brought into an IDL compilation by "import ::CORBA"
> //   or in pre-3.0 IDL compilers by the include directive
> //   "#include <orb.idl>".
>
> JacORB supports include not import.
>
> Cheers
>
> Nick
>
> On 09/05/14 19:34, Timothy Astle wrote:
>> Is there some good documentation on what the _PRE_3_0_COMPILER_
>> directive means?
>>
>> It reads like something I would not want set (meaning I'd want the
>> latest / greatest 3.0+ compiler), but when I don't set it, the IDL
>> compiler complains that it doesn't know what "module" is on the line
>> that defines the CORBA module in the orb.idl
>> (https://github.com/JacORB/JacORB/blob/RELEASE_3_4/idl/omg/orb.idl)
>>
>> So I'm kinda left scratching my head.  I think I must be missing
>> something obvious.
>>
>> Any information would be much appreciated.

Tim Astle
Development Manager
Web Technologies

*CARIS* <http://www.caris.com>
115 Waggoners Lane
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Canada    E3B 2L4
Tel: +1.506.458.8533     Fax: +1.506.459.3849
www.caris.com

*CARIS 2014*
June 2-5, 2014 | Brest, France | 2-5 juin, 2014
Join us in France at CARIS 2014 as we focus on Developing the Blue
Economy. www.caris.com/caris2014/
Venez nous rejoindre en France pour CARIS 2014 et appuyons ensemble
l'Économie Bleue. www.caris.com/caris2014-fr/

Download your free copy of CARIS Easy View today!
www.caris.com/easyview

intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient(s) please notify us by email reply. You should not use,
disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in error.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No binding
contract will result from this email until such time as a written
document is signed on behalf of the company.