[jacorb-developer] JacORB 3.4 CORBA_InterfaceRepository.idl - bug?

Timothy Astle timothy.astle at caris.com
Sun May 11 02:46:23 CEST 2014

Done.  The pull is at your discretion.  :)

Tim

On 09/05/2014 5:25 PM, Nick Cross wrote:

> Hmmm. Section 10.8 in CORBA 3 implies it should not have the
> is_abstract as does http://www.omg.org/issues/issue3015.txt but the
> separate IDL on the OMG site contradicts that.
>
> Perhaps adding the comma would suffice ? A bugzilla and/or pull
> request would be welcome ;-)
>
> Cheers
>
> Nick
>
> On 09/05/14 19:12, Timothy Astle wrote:
>> While trying to compile the orb.idl in JacORB 3.4, I hit a problem
>> unless I defined the JACORB for the preprocessor.
>>
>> https://github.com/JacORB/JacORB/blob/RELEASE_3_4/idl/omg/CORBA_InterfaceRepository.idl
>>

>> It fails on parsing "in" because it is missing a comma.  So the only way
>> the IDL compiles without modifications is by passing in the preprocessor
>> to disable is_abstract.
>>
>> I think the line should be:
>>
>> ,in boolean is_abstract
>>
>> Can someone confirm?  It looks like the problem exists on the master
>> too.

Tim Astle
Development Manager
Web Technologies

*CARIS* <http://www.caris.com>
115 Waggoners Lane
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Canada    E3B 2L4
Tel: +1.506.458.8533     Fax: +1.506.459.3849
www.caris.com

*CARIS 2014*
June 2-5, 2014 | Brest, France | 2-5 juin, 2014
Join us in France at CARIS 2014 as we focus on Developing the Blue
Economy. www.caris.com/caris2014/
Venez nous rejoindre en France pour CARIS 2014 et appuyons ensemble
l'Économie Bleue. www.caris.com/caris2014-fr/

Download your free copy of CARIS Easy View today!
www.caris.com/easyview

intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient(s) please notify us by email reply. You should not use,
disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in error.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No binding
contract will result from this email until such time as a written
document is signed on behalf of the company.