[jacorb-developer] Jars required to use JacORB

Pierskalla, Eric Eric.Pierskalla at datalogic.com
Fri Oct 4 19:28:39 CEST 2013

Thanks for the info.
Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: jacorb-developer-bounces~eric.pierskalla=datalogic.com at lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de [mailto:jacorb-developer-bounces~eric.pierskalla=datalogic.com at lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de] On Behalf Of Timothy Astle
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2013 12:22 PM
To: jacorb-developer at lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de
Subject: Re: [jacorb-developer] Jars required to use JacORB

I'm not a JacORB developer, but here is a breakdown of what I know or could infer about the binaries.  The sources are self-explanatory:)I'll defer to an expert if they disagree.

jacorb:
- slf4j-api
- slf4j-jdk14

idl:
- slf4j-api
- slf4j-jdk14

jacorb-services:
- slf4j-api
- slf4j-jdk14
- antlr
- picocontainer

http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/jacorb/jacorb/3.3/jacorb-3.3.pom
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/jacorb/jacorb-services/3.3/jacorb-services-3.3.pom
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/jacorb/jacorb-idl-compiler/3.3/jacorb-idl-compiler-3.3.pom

Without looking at the wrapper, I'm assuming that it is a Java Service Wrapperand that'd only be needed if you were to run a Java application as a service.
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/integrate-jar-win.html

So what you would need would depend on what you're using/ doing.  I run JacORB 3.3 with only the SLF dependenciesand everything works fine.

Tim

On 04/10/2013 1:10 PM, Pierskalla, Eric wrote:
> The way that we have been running JacORB is to simply copy the following into the jre/lib/endorsed folder:
> antlr-2.7.2.jar
> idl.jar
> jacorb.jar
> slf4j-api-1.6.4.jar
> slf4j-jdk14-1.6.4.jar
>
> And in the jre/lib folder:
> orb.properties.
>
> In the 3.3 release, there are these additional files in the jacorb/lib folder:
> jacorb-services.jar
> jacorb-sources.jar
> picocontainer-1.2.jar
> wrapper.dll
> wrapper-3.1.0.jar
>
> I did not copy these to the endorsed folder, and our application still seems to work correctly.  The question is, are these files necessary to run JacORB?  Or are they for some other purpose?  The jacorb-sources.jar appears to be source code for jacorb.jar, but the others appear to be compiled classes.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all copies of the original message, including any and all attachments, and notify the sender immediately.

Tim Astle
Development Manager
Web Technologies

*CARIS* <http://www.caris.com>
115 Waggoners Lane
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Canada    E3B 2L4
Tel: +1.506.458.8533     Fax: +1.506.459.3849
www.caris.com

*CARIS 2014*
June 2-5, 2014 | Brest, France | 2-5 juin, 2014
Join us in France at CARIS 2014 as we focus on Developing the Blue
Economy. www.caris.com/caris2014/
Venez nous rejoindre en France pour CARIS 2014 et appuyons ensemble
l'Économie Bleue. www.caris.com/caris2014-fr/

Download your free copy of CARIS Easy View today!
www.caris.com/easyview

intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient(s) please notify us by email reply. You should not use,
disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in error.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No binding
contract will result from this email until such time as a written
document is signed on behalf of the company.

jacorb-developer maillist  -  jacorb-developer at lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de