[jacorb-developer] Jars required to use JacORB

Pierskalla, Eric Eric.Pierskalla at datalogic.com
Fri Oct 4 18:10:37 CEST 2013

The way that we have been running JacORB is to simply copy the following into the jre/lib/endorsed folder:
antlr-2.7.2.jar
idl.jar
jacorb.jar
slf4j-api-1.6.4.jar
slf4j-jdk14-1.6.4.jar

And in the jre/lib folder:
orb.properties.

In the 3.3 release, there are these additional files in the jacorb/lib folder:
jacorb-services.jar
jacorb-sources.jar
picocontainer-1.2.jar
wrapper.dll
wrapper-3.1.0.jar

I did not copy these to the endorsed folder, and our application still seems to work correctly.  The question is, are these files necessary to run JacORB?  Or are they for some other purpose?  The jacorb-sources.jar appears to be source code for jacorb.jar, but the others appear to be compiled classes.

Thanks,
Eric

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all copies of the original message, including any and all attachments, and notify the sender immediately.