[jacorb-developer] Multiple interfaces accessing via single IOR

Kerth, Christian christian.kerth at iosb.fraunhofer.de
Thu Nov 28 15:22:25 CET 2013

Hi,

an IOR references a single object in the ORB. How many interfaces that implements is a different thing. There might be limitations in the code generated from the IDL that force you into having multiple classes (one per interface) and therefore multiple objects/IORs.

Maybe you would then be able to merge the multiple generated classes into a single one but my guess is that this would be tricky to do, quite time consuming. Maybe you can just define an additional interface in the IDL that is derived from all your interfaces and the code generate provides you with a single server side skeleton (resulting in a single IOR)?

Kind regards,
Christian