[jacorb-developer] IDL generator does not initialize typedef strings

Flock, Matthias Matthias.Flock at cassidian.com
Mon Nov 4 10:08:20 CET 2013

We recently moved from another ORB to JacORB and are now facing a
problem with the generation from IDL.

For easier reading we use some string typedefs (small example):

module IDL {
	typedef string PartId;

	struct MyStruct
	{
	   string name;
	   PartId id;
	};
};

In the generated java classes the field "name" is initialized with "",
but the "id" is not, even though it is also a string in java. The other
generator we used did also initialize them. This causes MARSHAL
excpetions because of null values.

Can the generation be changed via config or is this intended behaviour
or is it a bug?

Matthias